post graduation work permit...

Old Jun 20th 2008, 12:54 am
Just Joined

Tifi22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default post graduation work permit...

Hi,
I send my post graduation work permit papers on tuesday and they arrived yesterday at vegreville. Now it turns out that I put the wrong unit number... instead of sendind it to unit 777 where only student permit are processed I send it to unit 202 where all work permits are processed.
Is there anything I can do? Anyone I can call and see if they can move it to the right unit? Otherwise the processing time will take longer than necessary.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: post graduation work permit...

Originally Posted by Tifi22
Hi,
I send my post graduation work permit papers on tuesday and they arrived yesterday at vegreville. Now it turns out that I put the wrong unit number... instead of sendind it to unit 777 where only student permit are processed I send it to unit 202 where all work permits are processed.
Is there anything I can do? Anyone I can call and see if they can move it to the right unit? Otherwise the processing time will take longer than necessary.
Try asking the international student officer at your uni/college. They usually have contacts.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 1:10 pm
Lawyer

David L. Thomas is on a distinguished road
Default Re: post graduation work permit...

You'll probably be okay, but it will take a little longer. The Unit 777 for students is quite fast these days - they are posting turnaround of 13 days and in my experience, it is that fast. On the other hand, the regular unit is posting a turnaround time of 39 days. Once that application has been sent up there, it will be hard for them to track it down until they are ready to open it and take action on it. But hey, one thing I know for certain after 20 years, nothing is for certain. Maybe someone will open your envelope, realize it is in the wrong queue and send it over to the other office. But I wouldn't be holding my breath...

The information provided in this posting is of a general nature and is not intended to deliver advice on your specific immigration matter. It is not legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of David L. Thomas Law Corporation or establish an attorney-client relationship.