Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Post Grad experience for Canadian Experience Class

Wikiposts

Post Grad experience for Canadian Experience Class

Old Nov 18th 2009, 10:56 am
Account Closed

Natalya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Post Grad experience for Canadian Experience Class

Hi guys,

I really hope you could help me.
I graduated from a two-year diploma program in 2005, after which I was able to get only level "C" experience with post-graduation work permit under old rules. Then I started higher-level studies in the same area, during which I obtained the equivalent of 1 year full-time work experience in level "B" with co-op and off-campus work permits.

CIC guide says:

The experience must be acquired after you have completed the required study and obtained a Canadian credential (work performed under the Off-Campus Work Permit Program or co-op work terms do not count).

I acquired required work experience after competion the required study and obtaining a Canadian credential.

Do you think I qualify? Does the type of a work permit or timing between graduation and work experience matter?

Thanks.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 11:03 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post Grad experience for Canadian Experience Class

Hi

Originally Posted by Natalya
Hi guys,

I really hope you could help me.
I graduated from a two-year diploma program in 2005, after which I was able to get only level "C" experience with post-graduation work permit under old rules. Then I started higher-level studies in the same area, during which I obtained the equivalent of 1 year full-time work experience in level "B" with co-op and off-campus work permits.

CIC guide says:

The experience must be acquired after you have completed the required study and obtained a Canadian credential (work performed under the Off-Campus Work Permit Program or co-op work terms do not count).

I acquired required work experience after competion the required study and obtaining a Canadian credential.

Do you think I qualify? Does the type of a work permit or timing between graduation and work experience matter?

Thanks.
I think you answered your own question work performed under the Off-Campus Work Permit Program or co-op work terms do not count)
Old Nov 19th 2009, 6:13 am
Account Closed

Natalya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Post Grad experience for Canadian Experience Class

My understanding is that this phrase relates to off-campus and co-op work completed before graduation.

Another similar statement is:

Note: Work experience gained during your studies does not count toward meeting the requirements for work experience. Only work experience gained after graduation can be counted.

My work experience was acquired after graduation.