Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Possibly Wrong NOC Code in Application (2007-Old System Applicant)

Wikiposts

Possibly Wrong NOC Code in Application (2007-Old System Applicant)

Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

ashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to all
Default Possibly Wrong NOC Code in Application (2007-Old System Applicant)

Dear Friends,

I am a SAP Applicant (Old system Pre-Bill-C50 or Pre-Feb 28-2008)
I have a question. My current occupation is "Network Planning Engineer". I work in a Telecommunications company.
In my application, I had put down the NOC code for this as 2133 (Electrical and Electronics Engineers).
(I am an Electronics Engineer by education)
However, I just realised that my job more closely resembles NOC code 2147 (Computer Engineers except software engineers and designers)
In fact, one of the example titles for 2147 from www.hrsdc.gc.ca is "Capacity planner, network"

I have emailed CHC London and asked if changing the NOC code for my current occupation is possible. I have not received a response yet. Is this sort of thing allowed? (I had already sent them my Update package in January 2010)
Any advice?
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:45 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possibly Wrong NOC Code in Application (2007-Old System Applicant)

No it isn't, you would either have to withdraw your application, or wait for the outcome and then reapply under the new rules and a new code if there is one.

Is your 'new' proffesion still on the list?
Old Jul 5th 2010, 9:04 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

It doesnt make as much difference to Pre-Feb 28-2008 applicants which NOC codes they used. As long as you can prove it with some evidance you should be alright. You will have plenty of chance to clarify things once they ask you for detailed documents. So if I was you and if I was still interested to immigrate to Canada, I wouldnt touch my application at this stage. You are lucky you are still in the queue so dont jump the gun cuz its much harder to get through the new rules if you withdraw your application.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

ashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to all

Thank you Edo and Mandy
Actually, I dont want to change any of my reference letters, job descfription etc...just the 4 digit NOC code for my job in the application.
I have emailed CHC-London, just waiting for their response to my query.

Originally Posted by Edo
It doesnt make as much difference to Pre-Feb 28-2008 applicants which NOC codes they used. As long as you can prove it with some evidance you should be alright. You will have plenty of chance to clarify things once they ask you for detailed documents. So if I was you and if I was still interested to immigrate to Canada, I wouldnt touch my application at this stage. You are lucky you are still in the queue so dont jump the gun cuz its much harder to get through the new rules if you withdraw your application.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 12:39 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ashirale
Thank you Edo and Mandy
Actually, I dont want to change any of my reference letters, job descfription etc...just the 4 digit NOC code for my job in the application.
I have emailed CHC-London, just waiting for their response to my query.
When you get your 90 day letter and are putting all your back up documentation togethar I would mention in your cover letter that you felt there was an overlap between the two NOC codes. It should not make too much difference if they are both NOC 0,A or B. As long as everything is well backed up you will be fine.

I personally would n't want to start getting my application any undue attention when it has been in the que for so long and they have changed the system to process other's quicker. Make the change when someone is actually looking at your profile with aview to processing it.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the response James. I received the 90-day letter in November 2009 and sent my application forms and supporting documents in January 2010.
The deadline for submission was March 2010.
So I am actually past that stage.
I'm hoping that they will overlook the error or atleast let me correct the NOC code on the form before they make a decision on my application.

My Reference letters clearly show that job duties closely match 2147 although there is some very minor overlap with 2133.
(both 2133 and 2147 are part of the same Unit group and are linked to each other through the "Classified Elsewhere" section at the bottom of the NOC description for each)
Old Jul 6th 2010, 4:43 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ashirale
Thanks for the response James. I received the 90-day letter in November 2009 and sent my application forms and supporting documents in January 2010.
The deadline for submission was March 2010.
So I am actually past that stage.
I'm hoping that they will overlook the error or atleast let me correct the NOC code on the form before they make a decision on my application.

My Reference letters clearly show that job duties closely match 2147 although there is some very minor overlap with 2133.
(both 2133 and 2147 are part of the same Unit group and are linked to each other through the "Classified Elsewhere" section at the bottom of the NOC description for each)
Fingers crossed for you. Hopefully you get your medical soon.