Is it possible to Land on Quebec?

Old Apr 23rd 2010, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

ozzoon has a brilliant futureozzoon has a brilliant futureozzoon has a brilliant futureozzoon has a brilliant futureozzoon has a brilliant futureozzoon has a brilliant future
Default Is it possible to Land on Quebec?

Hi,

When I applied for PR, my intention was landing on Toronto.
Now, I found that there are job securities as an embedded software engineer in Quebec as much as in Toronto.
I am wondering if I would be able to move to Quebec if I failed to get a job in Toronto.

One more question.
If I didn't speak French but English only being in Quebec(could be in Montreal), would it be difficult as like being in France?
Because I had harsh hassle in Paris without knowledge of French.

Thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it possible to Land on Quebec?

I believe you'll have problems landing in Quebec unless you applied to go there, but you can land in Toronto and then move to Quebec.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

As has been said, you can land in Toronto and then later move to quebec for work.

It will not be as hard to live in Montreal as Paris.

Montreal is a Bilingual City. There are parts that mainly speak French, there are parts that mainly speak English and parts which have an almost 50:50 split.

I know many people who live in Montreal who speak no French at all, some of whom have lived there their whole life. As they live in English speaking communities, they have no problems at all.

Of course sometimes you may go into a shop, and the shop assistant may speak English very badly or speak no English at all. Then you can try French or Franglais to get by, or try a different shop.

As you will not have a CSQ you might have issues accessing some services and of course, if you have children, they will be expected to go to french school (unless they go to private school).

There are a large number of English speaking jobs in Montreal. Though of course if you are bilingual you will have a greater choice of jobs.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

the big burp is on a distinguished road

i had no problems landing in quebec as a federal skilled worker applicant, but i had no intention of staying in quebec and the address i gave on my documents was in ontario so there was no issue. if u have an intention to live in quebec and give a quebec address im sure it will be different. i know one person who applied with cic sydney had to get csq coz he landed in quebec and gave a quebec address