Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Possible Delay in PR Application, advice needed

Possible Delay in PR Application, advice needed

Old Jan 4th 2010, 11:10 am
Just Joined

canada_fox is on a distinguished road
Default Possible Delay in PR Application, advice needed

So I thought my PR was almost done and dusted. I sent in my passport to London which they received on 4th December and have been waiting to get it back.

I had to call Immigration Canada to confirm with them my address change and they told me my application for change of status had been refused (I'm already in Canada and had to change to visitor for the duration of the application). They said the receipt I sent them for the $75 fee was, for some reason, used in my application for PR so couldn't be used.

So now I have to pay $200 dollars for a Restoration Fee and send in an application to ensure I have legal status for my PR to be issued. That could take ages for them to even open the letter.

I emailed the London Visa office to tell if the situation and asked for the advice, but I really don't know what this is going to do my application .

Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do, or what will happen and how much a delay we can expect. Me and my wife are really worried about this now. It's been a really stressful process and we can't afford to wait more months and months for this to be sorted.

Many thanks.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Possible Delay in PR Application, advice needed

Presumably you have already sent the new fee? That's about all you can do, I would imagine... Realistically they are just waiting for your money - they already have your passport. Sometimes these things just pop up unexpectedly and you have to go with the flow. As long as you have done what was asked, I guess you can do no more. We had our final payment draft returned as the bank had printed my husband's name on the wrong line lol, so I do know how frustrating it is... although we are still waiting due to complicated med circs with no chance of imminent resolution, but it is frustrating when unexpected hurdles appear.

I'm sure someone who understands your exact situation will advise soon!
Old Jan 5th 2010, 3:44 am
Just Joined

How long does it usually take the London office to reply to emails? I put urgent in the message but got nothing back.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by canada_fox
How long does it usually take the London office to reply to emails? I put urgent in the message but got nothing back.
A lot of the time they don't reply. I e-mailed them about a week ago chasing up a AOR and have yet to get a response.

Tim
Old Jan 6th 2010, 8:12 am
Just Joined

I'm assuming they'll be in touch after the 30 working days limit they told me about when they requested my passport, which is another two weeks of worrying