Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Possible to add Fiance to aplication after Visa has been issued?

Wikiposts

Possible to add Fiance to aplication after Visa has been issued?

Old Dec 6th 2001, 9:14 am
Ada Gury

Hello experts,

I applied for Canadian PR as a therap. therapist in early 2001 and finally received
my Visa 2 weeks ago. In my application for immigration to Canada I mentioned that I'm
living in a common law relationship with my boyfriend, but did not include him in my
application as a dependent. My boyfriend applied independently for immigration to
Canada as a mental health worker but did not qualifiy and got rejected with/after his
personal interview.

As we would like to continue our common law relationship in Canada what could we do
now? - If possible we would like not to marry until we decide to become a family with
children. Are there any other possibilities for us to live legally in Canada without
marriage? We heard that there might come some changes regarding common law
relationships with the new immigration law? Is there a chance that if he enters as a
visitor and lives with me in Canada for several months that he can apply for PR as
soon as the new immigration law is in effect? Will my fiance be rejected when
entering Canada as a visitor after his application got rejected?

Thanks in advance! Ada Gury