Wikiposts

Positive LMO...what next?

Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Positive LMO...what next?

Originally Posted by live to ski
We did a swing round the flag pole in October to go from a BUNAC WP to a WP whilst waiting for PR via BC PNP.

Just told American IO's that we were swinging round the flag pole. They still took 20 mins to allow us back to Canada!

Canadian IO's were fine, other than they kept asking for a LMO because the first IO was a newbie and hadn't heard of BC PNP - he has now.

No problems but it is was rather slow going despite no queue at 10pm on a Friday night.

Just take all paperwork that you have just in case.
WOW that simple eh? So i could just like.......take my LMO, Contract, Passport and other certs and they'll give me a work visa. Nice. HOW much is it? $$$$$?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't it be nice if you could just go to an Airport and see immigration that way. If that was the case i would just take a drive to Halifax Airport and get it done there. Would save me a flight! LOL!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:14 am
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

The application for a work permit costs $150....
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

WOW that simple eh? So i could just like.......take my LMO, Contract, Passport and other certs and they'll give me a work visa. Nice. HOW much is it? $$$$$?
It was $150 each for my WP and Mr L2S's OWP. They took credit cards! I also needed a letter from BC PNP saying that I needed a WP whilst waiting for my PR, but this is just instead of the LMO. They also needed my NOC. I took copies of my BC PNP application and our application for PR just in case, as well as my job offer letter.

I had also changed passports so my old BUNAC WP was in my old passport which although was still valid had the corners cut off. They weren't at all bothered and just put my new WP in my new passport.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could just go to an Airport and see immigration that way. If that was the case i would just take a drive to Halifax Airport and get it done there.
We don't have a car so had to wait until I had a rental car through work for site visits! Combined swing round the flag pole with a trip to Ikea too. Would have been far easier to get the 98-B line bus from downtown Vancouver to YVR, but never mind.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

I guess you HAVE to leave Canada right? Rather then just popping to your local airport and asking to go through that way. I mean logically that would make sense right? I live in NS so I can't just pop to the boarder which sucks but Logic would sugest popping over to the airport and seeing if they'll let me go through there.

They probably wont but it is worth asking. I guess that would be too easy. LOL!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxye3
I guess you HAVE to leave Canada right? Rather then just popping to your local airport and asking to go through that way. I mean logically that would make sense right? I live in NS so I can't just pop to the boarder which sucks but Logic would sugest popping over to the airport and seeing if they'll let me go through there.

They probably wont but it is worth asking. I guess that would be too easy. LOL!
I asked my BC PNP case officer if I could go to Vancouver Airport. He said no, but ony becuase immigration is behind the secure area and although you do leave Canada whilst in the airport, airport policy won't let you do that unless you have a ticket.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

When I was in the states I saw that you could get what was called a Gate Pass. Hmmm I wonder.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:05 am
Just Joined

garry1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok so heres a new thought...my visitor visa expired november 10th i think it was...but i had sent away an application to extend my stay before this...i am on implied status i think? i have received nothing back, so will this be a problem when i try to re enter? or should it all be on record...i have the receipt of payment for the processing fee...but thats it...i stupidly didnt make a copy
gahhh 2 days....so nervous!!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:37 am
Just Joined

i am now the proud owner of a 2 yr work visa! no trouble at all at the border...both the american and canadian immigration officers were friendly and helpful...only problem i had was the roads getting home...around 7hrs for a 2 hr journey!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:01 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garry1983
i am now the proud owner of a 2 yr work visa! no trouble at all at the border...both the american and canadian immigration officers were friendly and helpful...only problem i had was the roads getting home...around 7hrs for a 2 hr journey!
Congratulations on getting your work permit - I hope all the worry was worth it
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah good job on your visa. My turn on Firday. So nervous. Did they have any issues with the amount of time? My LMO says 3 years. I hope they give me the full 3 but then it wont really matter if my PR comes through. What border did you go to?
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:23 am
Just Joined

no they didnt say anything about the length of the visa...they issued it for 2 yrs like the LMO said...so that was good. dont be nervous...its really nothing to worry about at all...its a painless! i went to the thousand island bridge crossing down by kingston, ontario...at least thats what i think it was called. i didnt drive..so didnt really pay much attention to it!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by garry1983
no they didnt say anything about the length of the visa...they issued it for 2 yrs like the LMO said...so that was good. dont be nervous...its really nothing to worry about at all...its a painless! i went to the thousand island bridge crossing down by kingston, ontario...at least thats what i think it was called. i didnt drive..so didnt really pay much attention to it!
Did they want to see anything else other then your LMO letter, Passport, Contract and certificates? Actually did they want to see your certs? I am tking EVEYTHING! HA!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 1:00 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxye3
Did they want to see anything else other then your LMO letter, Passport, Contract and certificates? Actually did they want to see your certs? I am tking EVEYTHING! HA!
Good luck!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:34 am
Just Joined

nope all they wanted to see was passport, LMO letter and contract. they asked 4 basic questions...when did you arrive in canada, how did you get the job offer, how long i had been in the proffesion and who i was with. after this, they told me to take a seat...20 minutes later they called me back up to the desk...told me to go pay $150 at the payment desk...then came back and he explained some things about the visa...and i was on my way!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.