Positive LMO waiting for reply?

Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Newbie_Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Positive LMO waiting for reply?

Hello All, I was hoping someone could help... I am currently in Canada on a BUNAC 1yr working visa. This expires in a couple of week.

The company I work for has requested a LMO and they were successful (I have received all the paper work back). I went to England a few weeks ago and took all my paper work to the London embassy. Unfortunately I haven't heard anything back yet and I am getting a little concerned on what I should do.... I was thinking I should go over the the states and come back as a visitor until my visa comes through? or I have been told there is something called an implied status, which might allow me to continue working until the paper work comes through.... Does anyone have any advise?

Thanks,

Lee
Old Jul 13th 2010, 5:01 am
FSW Cat 1

amrskipro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Positive LMO waiting for reply?

Originally Posted by Newbie_Lee
Hello All, I was hoping someone could help... I am currently in Canada on a BUNAC 1yr working visa. This expires in a couple of week.

The company I work for has requested a LMO and they were successful (I have received all the paper work back). I went to England a few weeks ago and took all my paper work to the London embassy. Unfortunately I haven't heard anything back yet and I am getting a little concerned on what I should do.... I was thinking I should go over the the states and come back as a visitor until my visa comes through? or I have been told there is something called an implied status, which might allow me to continue working until the paper work comes through.... Does anyone have any advise?

Thanks,

Lee
As far as I have had it explained to me (by HR department who is used to the whole LMO/ Sponsored visa thing and Immigration) if you had sent a request for extension off at least 30 days before the expiry of your working visa then you would have 'implied status'. Someone more expert may be able to tell you something different.

I have changed conditions (working to visitor) and also worked with implied status whilst I waited for my new work visa/ LMO to come back with no problems at the border when I eventually flag-poled to trigger my new visa/ work permit.

You could send that extension paper work off and take your chances with implied status - unless you commit a crime or cross the border it is not as if Immigration is actively out there doing raids and checking.

Your proof in the interim ie 'implied status' (ie until you get something official back from CIC) is the copies of your application (and payment) and the recorded post receipt that you sent it off at the right time. You will also need to have all this with you at the border when you flag-pole so that you can prove that you had 'implied status' and did not overstay your original BUNAC visa. I was asked to prove I had not overstayed but other friends have flag-poled without being asked to prove an extension - it depends in the IO on the day. Better safe than sorry I say.

You can send a case specific query to London (UK) asking where the paperwork is and note that you are contacting them because your visa is about to expire and as a sutdent you do not really want to spend the extra $75 on an extension application if they think that your visa is close to being issued and posted to you.

Hope that helps. PM me if you have any other questions.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 6:44 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by amrskipro
As far as I have had it explained to me (by HR department who is used to the whole LMO/ Sponsored visa thing and Immigration) if you had sent a request for extension off at least 30 days before the expiry of your working visa then you would have 'implied status'. Someone more expert may be able to tell you something different.

I have changed conditions (working to visitor) and also worked with implied status whilst I waited for my new work visa/ LMO to come back with no problems at the border when I eventually flag-poled to trigger my new visa/ work permit.

You could send that extension paper work off and take your chances with implied status - unless you commit a crime or cross the border it is not as if Immigration is actively out there doing raids and checking.

Your proof in the interim ie 'implied status' (ie until you get something official back from CIC) is the copies of your application (and payment) and the recorded post receipt that you sent it off at the right time. You will also need to have all this with you at the border when you flag-pole so that you can prove that you had 'implied status' and did not overstay your original BUNAC visa. I was asked to prove I had not overstayed but other friends have flag-poled without being asked to prove an extension - it depends in the IO on the day. Better safe than sorry I say.

You can send a case specific query to London (UK) asking where the paperwork is and note that you are contacting them because your visa is about to expire and as a sutdent you do not really want to spend the extra $75 on an extension application if they think that your visa is close to being issued and posted to you.

Hope that helps. PM me if you have any other questions.
Implied status is when the OP continues working for the same company while the work permit is being processed. His difficulty is that he doesn't as yet have an LMO and he left Canada. If you leave Canada under implied status as a student or worker, you CAN'T continue to work or study when you return, until you receive the new permit.

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op11-eng.pdf Section 24
Old Jul 13th 2010, 9:11 pm
FSW Cat 1

amrskipro is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually I think that you will find that he is in Canada after being in the UK for a visit recently. Not the clearest grammar I know but it is the only way a flag pole visit to the US would make any sense.