Portuguese police report

Old Aug 15th 2015, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

goneforgood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Portuguese police report

Hi all, newbie here.
Just wanted to post our experience of obtaining a police report from Portugal. I am dual British/Canadian citizen, left Canada in 1984. Now intending to return permanently and sponsoring my common law spouse under Family sponsorship. He is British, but lived in Portugal for 5 years. He needed a police report from them. I called the Portuguese embassy in London and was told we needed to go to the embassy personally to prove identity and the forms would then be sent to Lisbon for verification. As we live on the Cornwall/Devon border this is a trek. So I followed the instructions on the CIC website and did it by mail direct to Lisbon, enclosing a 10 Euro note for the fee. Sent it July 6th...and waited. Beginning to get nervous but we have just received the police report yesterday August 16th. So the system worked...at least for us. We took the trouble to find someone to translate the form and covering letter into Portuguese for us, but that may not have been necessary...just a courtesy.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 11:34 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Portuguese police report

Originally Posted by goneforgood
Hi all, newbie here.
Just wanted to post our experience of obtaining a police report from Portugal. I am dual British/Canadian citizen, left Canada in 1984. Now intending to return permanently and sponsoring my common law spouse under Family sponsorship. He is British, but lived in Portugal for 5 years. He needed a police report from them. I called the Portuguese embassy in London and was told we needed to go to the embassy personally to prove identity and the forms would then be sent to Lisbon for verification. As we live on the Cornwall/Devon border this is a trek. So I followed the instructions on the CIC website and did it by mail direct to Lisbon, enclosing a 10 Euro note for the fee. Sent it July 6th...and waited. Beginning to get nervous but we have just received the police report yesterday August 16th. So the system worked...at least for us. We took the trouble to find someone to translate the form and covering letter into Portuguese for us, but that may not have been necessary...just a courtesy.
Thanks for posting this very useful info - I'm sure it will come in handy for anyone looking to find out how to best obtain one from Portugal!

Welcome to BE, by the way!