Port of Entry TWP + Biometrics

Old Aug 20th 2019, 11:33 am
Just Joined

bingbing has a reputation beyond reputebingbing has a reputation beyond reputebingbing has a reputation beyond reputebingbing has a reputation beyond reputebingbing has a reputation beyond reputebingbing has a reputation beyond reputebingbing has a reputation beyond reputebingbing has a reputation beyond reputebingbing has a reputation beyond reputebingbing has a reputation beyond reputebingbing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Port of Entry TWP + Biometrics

Hi.#

Any advice would be appreciated.

Just waiting for my LMIA , then heading to Vancouver all going well. My employer wants me to start on 1st October and suggested getting the temporary work permit at port of entry.

Has any body had recent experience of getting TWP this way? How do I go about getting biometrics? Can this also be done at the airport (port of entry)?

My husband and son will be coming with me so also hoping to get my sons study permit and husbands open work permit at the same time. I trust this can also be readily done at the sametime. Any advice or details of similar experiences welcome!

All the Best

Bingbing
Old Nov 14th 2020, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Lydia250413 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Port of Entry TWP + Biometrics

Originally Posted by bingbing
Hi.#

Any advice would be appreciated.

Just waiting for my LMIA , then heading to Vancouver all going well. My employer wants me to start on 1st October and suggested getting the temporary work permit at port of entry.

Has any body had recent experience of getting TWP this way? How do I go about getting biometrics? Can this also be done at the airport (port of entry)?

My husband and son will be coming with me so also hoping to get my sons study permit and husbands open work permit at the same time. I trust this can also be readily done at the sametime. Any advice or details of similar experiences welcome!

All the Best

Bingbing
Hi

Did you successfully cross the boarder ? We are in the same situation should be travelling in December
Old Nov 14th 2020, 8:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Port of Entry TWP + Biometrics

Originally Posted by Lydia250413
Hi

Did you successfully cross the boarder ? We are in the same situation should be travelling in December
Hi, this thread is over a year old!

But as per your own thread, you can't get a TWP at POE in December unless the rules change between now and then (very unlikely IMO) or unless you come under an exemption that you haven't mentioned? Due to Covid restrictions on international travellers you can't travel without your TWP being authorised. So you wouldn't even be allowed to board the plane without it at the moment. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...apply/poe.html and https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/foreign-workers.html

I'll close this thread now as it's a really old one and the OP hasn't been on the forum for over a year, please do ask any other questions on your own thread, thx.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 14th 2020 at 8:17 am.