Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Political Affiliation and Sponsorship Question

Political Affiliation and Sponsorship Question

Old Feb 14th 2019, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

msmm is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Political Affiliation and Sponsorship Question

Hey there, I'm not yet in the process of applying, you may have seen my previous thread. I'm a Canadian citizen who hopes to sponsor her English boyfriend (who would be her husband at the time of applying).

I'm perusing the forms for his side and I noticed they ask to know whether he is a part of any political groups or organisations. He is currently a member of the Communist Party of Great Britain - Marxist Leninist Branch. I don't anticipate it will be an issue as they are a straightforward group and we ourselves in Canada have a Communist Party that is allowed to practice.

However, what are the odds this would hurt his PA application? Would revoking his membership help if it would cause problems?
Old Feb 14th 2019, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Political Affiliation and Sponsorship Question

Why would it hurt his application? Its a legal political party in the UK.
Old Feb 14th 2019, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

msmm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Why would it hurt his application? Its a legal political party in the UK.
I don't think it will, but I'm a bit of a worry-wart and wanted to make sure lol.
Old Feb 14th 2019, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msmm
I don't think it will, but I'm a bit of a worry-wart and wanted to make sure lol.
Unless our security services deem him to be a security risk or that he might try espionage, subversion by force, terrorism, being a danger to the security of Canada or will engage in acts of violence that endangers life.