Police disclosure for TWP

Old Mar 7th 2010, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

NicknBridget is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police disclosure for TWP

We are confused! We have the canada.org.uk checklist of docs required to apply for a TWP which tells us on page one, under items we MUST have, that we need a police certificate. Our immigration adviser tells us we don't need one, and reading up on the Wiki it looked as though it only applied to members of the medical professions.

Can anyone advise?
Old Mar 7th 2010, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police disclosure for TWP

Originally Posted by NicknBridget
We are confused! We have the canada.org.uk checklist of docs required to apply for a TWP which tells us on page one, under items we MUST have, that we need a police certificate. Our immigration adviser tells us we don't need one, and reading up on the Wiki it looked as though it only applied to members of the medical professions.

Can anyone advise?
We didnt need police checks for our TWP but that was 3 years ago
Old Mar 7th 2010, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Can anyone advise?
My wife who works in healthcare needed a police check, I don't work in healthcare or with children and didn't.

I believe that you will only need the police checks when applying for TWP when you work in healthcare or with children.

More information can be found in the WIKI, on the blue bar at the top of the screen.

Kev
Old Mar 7th 2010, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, thought that might be the case :-)
Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:54 pm
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

Can anyone advise?
we're in the process of gettin all docs etc together for when other half finds employment as a truck driver an we need police certs on a twp! we dont need the medical tho unless we're going for perm res, if yur in the medical/work with kids then yu have to have a medical even on a twp ....

Last edited by scottandsel; Mar 7th 2010 at 11:15 pm. Reason: more info added
Old Mar 7th 2010, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by scottandsel
we're in the process of gettin all docs etc together for when other half finds employment as a truck driver an we need police certs on a twp!
Think we need clarification of this from PMM or Jim Humphries then, as far as I was aware apart from healthcare/chilrens' workers, police checks were only necessary for PR not TWP.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trophy
Think we need clarification of this from PMM or Jim Humphries then, as far as I was aware apart from healthcare/chilrens' workers, police checks were only necessary for PR not TWP.
My OH is a trucker in Alberta and he had to get a police check certificate before he started work last September. He only has a TWP too.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 12:03 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe it is something to do with being a truck driver? Drivers will be all over Canada, that could be considered a security risk. The other thing is would you want one of those trucks being driven around by someone who had medical issues.

We did not need police checks two years ago. We are off to Buffalo in two weeks to renew WP and don't need police checks.

As Trophy has already said, police checks/medical checks are only required for certain occupations, teaching and nursing are two that immediately spring to mind.

Charlie
Old Mar 8th 2010, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, that seems to be it! Thanks everyone
Old Mar 8th 2010, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

I can only assume that those who have needed to supply a police check certificate must have had a previous conviction which they admitted on the application form.

Kev
Old Mar 8th 2010, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

readytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nice

I can only assume that those who have needed to supply a police check certificate must have had a previous conviction which they admitted on the application form.

Kev
We got police certs because they are listed as required on the london specific checklist for TWP. Maybe its because they assume the only people send TWP applications to london instead of getting them at POE are those that require medicals i.e. healthcare and childcare workers

the general checklist on the CIC website doesn't list police certs.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple80
Maybe it is something to do with being a truck driver? Drivers will be all over Canada, that could be considered a security risk. The other thing is would you want one of those trucks being driven around by someone who had medical issues.

Charlie
I know that the Trucking firms in town put all drivers through a medical as part of their training - is this not something to do with their licence to drive a truck
Old Mar 8th 2010, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Kev
How narrow minded... Some of us have jobs that require police clearance....I myself have no police record, not even a speeding ticket.......
Old Mar 8th 2010, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone advise?
CIC say:

You must also do the following:

* Satisfy a visa officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your work permit.
* Show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family while you are in Canada.
* Respect the law and have no criminal record. (You may have to provide a police clearance certificate. See Police Certificates for more information.
* Show that you are not a risk to the security of Canada.
* Be in good health. (You may have to have a medical examination.)
Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bear-diesel
How narrow minded... Some of us have jobs that require police clearance....I myself have no police record, not even a speeding ticket.......
Not being narrow minded at all, if you read the posts you will see that I have said all along that as far as I am aware, only applicants with jobs in healthcare or working with children would be required to submit police checks.

As is shown on the post above, AND on the Wiki AND on the CIC information pages it states MAY need to submit police checks.

You are obliged to tick a box on the form to state if you have any previous convictions, hence my assumption on the post that you quoted.

Neither I nor my wife have police records either, she has one spent speeding ticket from 12 years ago which certainly would not be the cause for her needing a police check, as I stated earlier if you'd bothered to read all of the posts is that she works in healthcare.

I also asked earlier for clarification from one of our resident experts to save any confusion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.