Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Police clearance under Pilot project

Police clearance under Pilot project

Old Mar 6th 2001, 6:28 pm
Sanjay Chandrasekharan

Hi,

I'm trying to sponsor my wife from India. According to the new system for family class
visas from India, I sent her an application kit and she fills it up and sends it back to
me, and I forward it to the immigration office in Missisauga.

So here's my question:

She needs to get a police clearance from India and attach it to the application form.
Which department is the relevant authority for issuing it in India? Could someone tell me
how she can go about getting this clearance?

I can't get this information because India is one of the exempted countries for police
clearance (the Canadian authorities inquire on your behalf) under the earlier system.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sanjay

-------------------------------------
Sanjay Chandrasekharan, Ph.D Student (Cognitive Science), Carleton University, Ottawa,
Ontario, Canada K1S 5B6 Phone: 520-2600 ext 1568

http://wabakimi.carleton.ca/~schandr2

Old Mar 8th 2001, 1:00 am
classicity.com

Your wife will have to submit her passport, when she applies at local police office. I've
heard that there are agents (who typically hang around passport offices and the like) who
also assist in the process - tho' I have no opinion about their use and their legality.
SO, proceed with caution.

=========
post your Toronto area questions, queries and comments at www.classicity.com This is not
legal advice!
========

Sanjay Chandrasekharan wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 8th 2001, 2:24 am
Srinivas Duddu

hi, dont trust anyone on this.. just fill up an application form Rs 100 (fee) and submit
it in the passport office nearest to you. it will take 30-60 days to get the final police
clearance certificate..

hope this answers ur question

SD

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >