Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Police Clearance Received - Where do I send it?

Wikiposts

Police Clearance Received - Where do I send it?

Old Sep 14th 2005, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Nikie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Clearance Received - Where do I send it?

Hi

We sent our application for PR through Common-Law sponsorship to Miss. on 22nd August.

Although I included my UK Police Clearance I also needed clearance from New Zealand and Australia. On the advise of this forum I sent the application in with a note saying I would forward the other clearances once received.

I received my Australian Police Clearance yesterday (not heard anything from NZ yet).

I have not yet heard anything from Miss. to confirm they have received my application but I wonder should I send the clearance to them, or keep hold of it and send it to the High Commission in London once the application is received there?

Can anyone help with where I should send it?
Do you think I should reasonably expect to hear something anyday now?

Many thanks, Nikie
Old Sep 15th 2005, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Police Clearance Received - Where do I send it?

Originally Posted by Nikie
Hi

We sent our application for PR through Common-Law sponsorship to Miss. on 22nd August.

Although I included my UK Police Clearance I also needed clearance from New Zealand and Australia. On the advise of this forum I sent the application in with a note saying I would forward the other clearances once received.

I received my Australian Police Clearance yesterday (not heard anything from NZ yet).

I have not yet heard anything from Miss. to confirm they have received my application but I wonder should I send the clearance to them, or keep hold of it and send it to the High Commission in London once the application is received there?

Many thanks, Nikie
as far as i am aware..they don't even open..inland spouse/commonlaw applicationts..till they do it all at once..in about 6-7 months time after they recieve it....(according to cic web site)....and you can always give them a ring..i find it easy to call them.....
as to your actual question i am not sure...as i am applying for my canadian police clearance..and hadn't thought if i should send it now or wait..hmmm...will give them a call when the time comes....good luck
Old Sep 15th 2005, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Many thanks, Nikie
sorry just realised you said missisuagua.(whaterever it is )...and that is outland application.is diffrent to mine
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

NikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant future

Hi

Many thanks, Nikie
Having read your email - I wondered if you could help/point me in the right direction - how did you go about getting police clearances for Australia? I actually need to get one for Australia and Hong Kong.
Thanks for your help
Nik
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Nikie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NikkiNu
Having read your email - I wondered if you could help/point me in the right direction - how did you go about getting police clearances for Australia? I actually need to get one for Australia and Hong Kong.
Thanks for your help
Nik
It was a real hassle. You have to get fingerprints taken - £20 (I went to New Scotland Yard to get these done) and then send an application form with a cheque made out in Aus dollars for about $110 (~£45). Get this done at HSBC (they charge you £15) as it needs to be a bank affliated with an Australian bank. I have a copy of the application form that I could email to you if you let me have your email address......

All in all, a very expensive process! Compared to the £10 it cost me to get the UK one!!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:18 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Originally Posted by NikkiNu
Thanks for your help
Nik
The information that you need can be found on the website below. The one that you want is the Criminal History Character Check not the Immigration Criminal History Check (I think this one is for Australian immigration). You will need to submit your fingerprints with the form.

http://www.afp.gov.au/afp/page/Emplo...crimhterms.htm
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

NikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant future

It was a real hassle. You have to get fingerprints taken - £20 (I went to New Scotland Yard to get these done) and then send an application form with a cheque made out in Aus dollars for about $110 (~£45). Get this done at HSBC (they charge you £15) as it needs to be a bank affliated with an Australian bank. I have a copy of the application form that I could email to you if you let me have your email address......

All in all, a very expensive process! Compared to the £10 it cost me to get the UK one!!
Have sent a private message to your inbox - all very exciting technology. Hope you get it!!
By the way, what is your timeline?
Nik