Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Police clearance Canada - car loan debt

Police clearance Canada - car loan debt

Old Nov 14th 2017, 7:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police clearance Canada - car loan debt

Yep, what Schnooks said. You mention 'ourselves', so there must be at least two of you, meaning you need to show a total of $15,312 (more if there is more than just you and a spouse), it's not $13,000. Add on your debt of $15,000 and you can see that you actually need at least $30,512 in your bank account to meet the requirements.

HTH.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Robben is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, thank you. I need to make sure my funds are in place. Thank you!
Old Nov 14th 2017, 8:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robben
Yes, thank you. I need to make sure my funds are in place. Thank you!
What are you scoring on the CRS and how far along in the process are you - have you had your ECA and IELTS results back? If not, or if you are borderline for points, you will have extra time to get the money together which could help. But if you've already got all your documents together and are scoring enough to get an invite very quickly, then definitely make sure your funds are all sorted first.

Good luck.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Sure! I am still in a process of writing my IELTS. Not sure yet with ECA. Just at the beginning. Thank you by the way.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 9:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Sure! I am still in a process of writing my IELTS. Not sure yet with ECA. Just at the beginning. Thank you by the way.
Ah, ok, you've got a good few months before you'll be applying then, plenty of time to get your funds sorted.

Best of luck.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Just to check, it makes a difference to proof of funds, are you currently in Canada and have at least one years skilled work experience?
Old Nov 15th 2017, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Hey guyz, checked with my creditor. He says if I can not pay my outstanding balance of 15000 CAD, which I said, will be paying back. The bank will take it to the court and announce a judgement against me. In that case, I can not buy a house or take a loan anywhere in Canada. Please advice; if it might effect my PCC as a judgement is being passed.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guyz, checked with my creditor. He says if I can not pay my outstanding balance of 15000 CAD, which I said, will be paying back. The bank will take it to the court and announce a judgement against me. In that case, I can not buy a house or take a loan anywhere in Canada. Please advice; if it might effect my PCC as a judgement is being passed.
Of course they say that, they were hardly going to say 'no, we will left you off'.

As FL says above it will only impact you if you are convicted of a criminal offense, i.e. you are arrested and charged with a crime.

Civil cases in front of a court and any subsequent judgments will have no bearing on the PR application providing you meet minimum proof of funds requirements, if applicable.

Note if you are invited under CEC these wouldn't count anyway.
Who can apply: Canadian Experience Class

I would suggest you talk to the creditor and enter into a payment plan that you can afford and that satisfies the creditor. The costs will only spiral if they do take you to court and start applying court fees to the debt.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

Sure, thank you for your advice. I am already in a discussion to make a payment plan. Thank you guyz.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 12:03 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, thank you for your advice. I am already in a discussion to make a payment plan. Thank you guyz.
From a credit perspective, the unpaid debt will affect an ability to get credit, without a court judgement. It will likley be reported to one, or both credit bureaus.

I have taken far smaller amounts to court, although getting judgement and enforcing payment are quite different, although it can be done.

Making a payment plan and keeping the debt away from collections agents or the courts is a sensible choice.

If they are after the full amount of the debt, what happened to the car you 'dropped off'?
Old Nov 16th 2017, 12:26 am
Just Joined

I surrendered the vechile with a very good condition. They told me it will effect your credit history till 7 years. It is called as re-position. My file is currently with the bank escalation team it seems.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

when did all this happen?

ie, when were you last in Canada?

When did you "drop off" the car at the bank?

How long have you been back in the UK?

Exactly what stage are you at in the current process of applying to re-enter Canada?
Old Nov 16th 2017, 9:29 am
Just Joined

This happened in April 2017. I have been in Canada for 1 year 9 months. I am at the beginning stage of my PR application.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Can you not negotiate a payment plan? That way you will have an arrangement in place and thus protect your credit rating.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

This happened in April 2017. I have been in Canada for 1 year 9 months. I am at the beginning stage of my PR application.
Are you still in Canada? Are you currently legally working in Canada? Do you have one year skilled work experience in Canada?

Do you qualify for Canadian Experience Class for PR? If so proof of funds do not apply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.