Police checks from USA!

Old Aug 11th 2007, 10:57 am
Just Joined

uprr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police checks from USA!

Hello guys,
i'm getting ready to mail the package without the police checks, ( i was told that they usually accept the application without police ( FBI) checks since i'll have to send new ones anyway down the line), the question i have is do i make a cover letter to ask them to accept it like this, or just don't say nothing and hope they will....
wait your advice.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

anona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Police checks from USA!

Indeed, you're not supposed to get an FBI clearance until instructed to do so. Which visa post will you file your application? There are some specific instructions that you should follow in every visa post. For example, in Buffalo, you should wait for their instruction before obtaining an FBI clearance :

"...USA
You must provide:
• A copy of our letter requesting that you obtain a Police Record Check (PC-1 letter enclosed)..."
(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf)

It wouldn't hurt if you will include in your cover letter that you did not include an FBI clearance because the instruction said to wait for their letter (i.e., if you're visa post is Buffalo--check your visa specific instruction to make sure).
Goodluck...

Originally Posted by uprr
Hello guys,
i'm getting ready to mail the package without the police checks, ( i was told that they usually accept the application without police ( FBI) checks since i'll have to send new ones anyway down the line), the question i have is do i make a cover letter to ask them to accept it like this, or just don't say nothing and hope they will....
wait your advice.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 5:02 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the good news,
the reason i was asking is because i saw on this forum that some people say the application it might get returned from Buffallo without the police checks.
by the way, the same holds truth for the FBI as for my native country police checks (Slovenia), right? to send them later on....
cheers.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

anona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the rough

If your visa post is Buffalo, then you have to submit police check from your native country at the time of submisison of your application (except from US, Hongkong or Canada). Read this:

"Certain police authorities have special procedures for obtaining police certificates/clearances. They are the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RMCP) and the Royal Hong Kong Police (RHKP). Do not request a police certificate from Hong Kong or Canada until you are instructed to do so by a visa office. Further instructions for obtaining a police certificate of no record from these authorities will be sent to you along with your assessment letter from the Regional Program Centre (Buffalo) and medical forms."
(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf)

As for US, read my previous reply.

Thanks for the good news,
the reason i was asking is because i saw on this forum that some people say the application it might get returned from Buffallo without the police checks.
by the way, the same holds truth for the FBI as for my native country police checks (Slovenia), right? to send them later on....
cheers.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:29 am
Just Joined

ok, please believe me, i'm not mentally challenged....
but i read over and over again the directions ,and i could't find anywhere where it says not to submit FBI checks at the time of application, only about canada and hong kong.
can anyone "copy and paste " the pharagraph where it says not to submit FBI checks at time of application please?
talk to you later.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 11:17 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

ok, please believe me, i'm not mentally challenged....
but i read over and over again the directions ,and i could't find anywhere where it says not to submit FBI checks at the time of application, only about canada and hong kong.
can anyone "copy and paste " the pharagraph where it says not to submit FBI checks at time of application please?
talk to you later.
It doesn't say that anywhere, here is what the check list states:
You must provide:
• A copy of our letter requesting that you obtain a Police Record Check (PC-1 letter
enclosed). Affix your own name and address label.
• A full set of fingerprints. Fingerprints should be provided on the FBI fingerprint card,
but fingerprints may be obtained from a local police department as long as you have proof
of your identity, or from a private organization engaged in the fingerprinting business. Do
not contact any FBI office for fingerprinting. You may request a blank fingerprint form by
writing to the FBI at this address:
· FBI, Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS Division)
Attention: SCU Mod D-2
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, West Virgina 26306 USA
• Certified cheque or money order for US $18 made payable to the U.S. Treasury.
• Always specify that you require fingerprints for Canadian Immigration purposes.

And if you go to page following that statement, low and behold there is the PC1 form, which you complete. It isn't necessary for the FBI, they will process the fingerprints without it.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

so according to the directions, i must submit the police checks with the innitial application, correct?
cheers.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:37 am
Just Joined

anyone..???
and by the way, how long after after i submit the application should i expect the receipt that they received and the processing has begun?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

anyone.................................??
all this knowleadgeable people on this forum....
Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:43 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

anyone.................................??
all this knowleadgeable people on this forum....
Yes submit the police checks with the application to Buffalo. You should receive an AOR in 3/4 months, without Arranged Employment they probably won't look at it for about 18 months/2 years.