Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

police checks for sponsored parents Uganda??

police checks for sponsored parents Uganda??

Old Jul 15th 2005, 7:09 am
Just Joined

stewdebs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default police checks for sponsored parents Uganda??

We are sponsoring my parents who are resident in the UK, but who spent some time in Uganda back in the sixties. Has anyone had to get a Ugandan police check? Do we send a request to the Ugandan Embassy in London? Did it take long? Also, can we make this request while we are waiting for sponsorship approval so that everything is ready to go, or do we need to wait.?
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:51 am
Just Joined

stewdebs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: police checks for sponsored parents Uganda??

I have just been reading some past messages on this subject and saw that PMM said we should have sent in my parents PR application with the application to sponsor. I'm sure that in the guide it said that we would be sent an info packet with all relevant forms once sponsorship was approved?? Any comments.? Also someone said that Uganda was one country you don't need apolice check from? Any help anyone?