Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Police Checks needed for AB PNP app?

Police Checks needed for AB PNP app?

Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

SteveC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Checks needed for AB PNP app?

Hi everyone

Just a quick question for those of you who have been nominated under the Alberta PNP (in particular, CPS candidates). Do we need to include our Police Checks with the package that does up to Edmonton or do we hold on to them until applying to the CHC for PR?

The PNP paperwork says just to send copies of forms IMM 0008, Schedule 1, Schedule 4, 5406 and 5476 along with the appropriate provincial forms. However, I have heard a few people mention that they also needed to send Police Checks.

We have our checks but they are now older than three months and have to to reapply. Don't want to have to wait around for them before getting the PNP ball rolling.

Any help greatly appreciated.

(Wow! Look at all those acronyms up there: I'm quite proud of myself! )
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

chrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Police Checks needed for AB PNP app?

Originally Posted by SteveC
Hi everyone

Just a quick question for those of you who have been nominated under the Alberta PNP (in particular, CPS candidates). Do we need to include our Police Checks with the package that does up to Edmonton or do we hold on to them until applying to the CHC for PR?

The PNP paperwork says just to send copies of forms IMM 0008, Schedule 1, Schedule 4, 5406 and 5476 along with the appropriate provincial forms. However, I have heard a few people mention that they also needed to send Police Checks.

We have our checks but they are now older than three months and have to to reapply. Don't want to have to wait around for them before getting the PNP ball rolling.

Any help greatly appreciated.

(Wow! Look at all those acronyms up there: I'm quite proud of myself! )
We applied through BC and did not need to send our police checks, they were only needed for our application to the CIC.
Hope this helps!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

SteveC is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Chrisi

I wonder if it is different province by province?

I shouldn't be too proud of myself... Mods, please move this to "immigration". I posted it in the wrong place. My bad, sorry.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

KAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really nice

OH has gone through Alberta PNP, and been approved, yay us! We didn't send the police checks with the PNP application but have to send them for the PR application, the only thing we are waiting for now.

Good luck

Karen