Police Checks (Expert Please)

Old Apr 14th 2006, 3:36 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Vietnam (Canadian)
Posts: 266
vietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the rough
Default Police Checks (Expert Please)

Family Class Application (COMMON-LAW) Sigapore Visa Office

Someone wrote on here that police checks are only valid for 6 months, is this true? Our police check was done in August and about 8 months have past. We still haven't got a decision from Singapore. Would it be a good idea to submit new police checks before they ask.

Can someone confirm that police checks are only valid for 6 months.

Thanks
vietcan is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2006, 5:33 pm
  #2  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Checks (Expert Please)

PC's must be not older than 6 months when received by visa post with application. If visa post needs newer from the country of current residence then they will ask for them close to the end of process.


Originally Posted by vietcan
Family Class Application (COMMON-LAW) Sigapore Visa Office

Someone wrote on here that police checks are only valid for 6 months, is this true? Our police check was done in August and about 8 months have past. We still haven't got a decision from Singapore. Would it be a good idea to submit new police checks before they ask.

Can someone confirm that police checks are only valid for 6 months.

Thanks
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2006, 6:48 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Vietnam (Canadian)
Posts: 266
vietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Police Checks (Expert Please)

Thanks for your speedy responds Mr. Miller. Now we know my partners police check is greater then 6 months old already, so I assume Singapore will be asking for a new police check in the near future. If I'm understanding you currently, you are suggesting waiting for a request for new police checks before sending. I just wonder if we could mail new police checks before any request to avoid any delays.

Also, when I read the time lines on the CIC web site, do those times included the whole process or just immigration stage. I understand that time lines from Singapore are 5-8(+) months Again is this from start to finish. I think we have a pretty straight forward application. We did well at fill out the forms, had lots of supporting evidence, and I don't foresee any problems with Medical or Police Checks. If there are no problems, and no interview is required, is 5-8 months a pretty realistic time line from start to finish.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
PC's must be not older than 6 months when received by visa post with application. If visa post needs newer from the country of current residence then they will ask for them close to the end of process.
vietcan is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2006, 7:54 pm
  #4  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Checks (Expert Please)

If your partner continues to reside in Singapore then it is possible that visa post will ask for updated pc - get it and submit now as you are likely at the last stage of process anyway.

Timelines reported on CIC website are for cases already completed in reported period, not submitted in such period. And yes, it is from receipt of application to visa issuance.

But those reported processing times shouldn't be taken as any serious indication of what to expect with new or still pending applications.


Originally Posted by vietcan
Thanks for your speedy responds Mr. Miller. Now we know my partners police check is greater then 6 months old already, so I assume Singapore will be asking for a new police check in the near future. If I'm understanding you currently, you are suggesting waiting for a request for new police checks before sending. I just wonder if we could mail new police checks before any request to avoid any delays.

Also, when I read the time lines on the CIC web site, do those times included the whole process or just immigration stage. I understand that time lines from Singapore are 5-8(+) months Again is this from start to finish. I think we have a pretty straight forward application. We did well at fill out the forms, had lots of supporting evidence, and I don't foresee any problems with Medical or Police Checks. If there are no problems, and no interview is required, is 5-8 months a pretty realistic time line from start to finish.

Thanks
Andrew Miller is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.