Police checks Australia

Old May 1st 2006, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

apfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant future
Default Police checks Australia

Hello all

I have received my med requests from the CHC however they have also requested a country wide police check for Australia because I went there 20 years ago on a 9 month working visa.

Has anyone had to get a police check for Australia and if so can they confirm the following.

It appears that I need to get fingerprint and name checks done by the English police and send them to Australia with a cheque for $103 Aus.

All advice appreciated.

Regards.
Old May 1st 2006, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police checks Australia

Originally Posted by apfairhurst
Hello all

I have received my med requests from the CHC however they have also requested a country wide police check for Australia because I went there 20 years ago on a 9 month working visa.

Has anyone had to get a police check for Australia and if so can they confirm the following.

It appears that I need to get fingerprint and name checks done by the English police and send them to Australia with a cheque for $103 Aus.

All advice appreciated.

Regards.
Sorry apfairhurst, I can't answer your question, but might be in a similar situation in that I was in Aus in '91 on a 12 month visa although I only actually stayed for 5 months. Did you actually stay the whole 9 months or was that the length of time you could of stayed for?

I took the CIC police check requirements as meaning you had to actually be in the county of question for 6 months or more at a single stretch, not that you could of been their for more than 6 months.

Dozzzzy
Old May 1st 2006, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

harmi is an unknown quantity at this point

apfairhurst,

have a look at this link - it also includes the application form; you need the criminal history check for australia!

http://www.afp.gov.au/business/criminal_history_checks

When we had our checks done last year, i found the staff at the criminal records section of the afp very helpful - you might want to sent them an email to double check what type of payment they accept from overseas.

Good luck!

Harmina
Old May 1st 2006, 4:50 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Originally Posted by harmi
apfairhurst,

have a look at this link - it also includes the application form; you need the criminal history check for australia!

http://www.afp.gov.au/business/criminal_history_checks

When we had our checks done last year, i found the staff at the criminal records section of the afp very helpful - you might want to sent them an email to double check what type of payment they accept from overseas.

Good luck!

Harmina
I think the best option is to contact the Australian Federal Police and ask them how to go about getting the clearance. The link that harmi posted will give you all the details you need. I guarantee that you will not be the first person in your situation.
Old May 1st 2006, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

If you can get a finger print done by the English police, then the fee i believe is 103A$. After the file is received, AFP needs 10 working days to process the application. I don't know the time frame from overseas application. As others have advised, check the website, and write to the AFP.

didik

Originally Posted by apfairhurst
Hello all

All advice appreciated.

Regards.
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

apfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by didik
If you can get a finger print done by the English police, then the fee i believe is 103A$. After the file is received, AFP needs 10 working days to process the application. I don't know the time frame from overseas application. As others have advised, check the website, and write to the AFP.

didik
Many thanks Didit and everyone else for your help. It took me the best part of the day but I managed to get the forms downloaded from the AFP website and I also had to request special finger priniting forms from the Australian High Commission. I took myself to my local police station and had my finger prints done, then went to the Bank to get a Bankers draft for $103 Aus Dollars and sent it all off first class. What a day.