Police checks

Old Apr 1st 2014, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

bexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to behold
Default Police checks

hello,

I applied for PR under FSW route and received PER about 1 month ago. I have not had police checks done yet because of the processing times and didn't want to have to do them twice. What I was wondering is if I should wait until LVO ask or just send them in soon?

I know the processing times given are for all applications after 2010, but was also wondering if anyone had any idea about processing times of the 2013 FSW intake. The CIC website currently lists 27 months!!

Many Thanks
Old Apr 1st 2014, 10:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police checks

As the document checklist says, you'll have to wait until it's requested by an immi officer, which will probably cause a delay.

Is there anything else on the checklist that you didn't send?
Old Apr 1st 2014, 10:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police checks

Originally Posted by bexley82
hello,

I applied for PR under FSW route and received PER about 1 month ago. I have not had police checks done yet because of the processing times and didn't want to have to do them twice. What I was wondering is if I should wait until LVO ask or just send them in soon?

I know the processing times given are for all applications after 2010, but was also wondering if anyone had any idea about processing times of the 2013 FSW intake. The CIC website currently lists 27 months!!

Many Thanks
According to the document checklist it says you are strongly advised to submit the Police check at the time you apply or else be ready to send it on request.

Did you put down London or Ottawa as your processing office?

Unfortunately, those are the processing times (slightly less for Ottawa), but if you are in Canada on a TWP now that you have received PER you will be able to obtain a Bridging Open Work Permit once your TWP has less than 4 months left on it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...013/ob485A.asp

Old Apr 1st 2014, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

bexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to behold

No, that was the only thing.

I was going to email LVO but I know its taking a long time for them to reply at the moment. I have got an application number now, so I was going to send it in with these details.

On another forum several may and June applicants are now receiving medical requests from London Visa Office. Which sounds a bit more promising.

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 1st 2014 at 11:18 pm. Reason: I merged your posts for you - if you need to add anything, you can do so by clicking 'edit' within 2 hours of posting :)