Police checks ?

Old Jan 17th 2010, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Clairesa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police checks ?

Hey Guys,

I am applying for my work visa - Canada and noticed I would need a police check for other contries I have live in since the age of 18 years ?
I at one stage working in Florida for a little over 6 months - here is the catch though ? I was on a South African passport when doing that - I have since got my British passport would this still apply- is it maybe overlooked - How strick are they on this subject ?

Many Thanks
Old Jan 17th 2010, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Police checks ?

Hi and welcome to BE :-)

I would say you'll need to get a police check for each country you stayed in for over 6 months. Don't give CIC any opportunity to reject your application.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Clairesa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for our quick reply - just another question- i have already sent my app in - if they come back and say .... err where u in the states do u reckon they would just then require a police check done or say - VISA REJECTED ?
Old Jan 18th 2010, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Clairesa

Hey Guys,

I am applying for my work visa - Canada and noticed I would need a police check for other contries I have live in since the age of 18 years ?
I at one stage working in Florida for a little over 6 months - here is the catch though ? I was on a South African passport when doing that - I have since got my British passport would this still apply- is it maybe overlooked - How strick are they on this subject ?

Many Thanks
You will need both a state police check and an FBI one.

Cheers

Martin
Old Jan 18th 2010, 5:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by Martin99
You will need both a state police check and an FBI one.

Cheers

Martin

No, the OP only requires the FBI check, if CIC/CHC wants the State one they will ask,.