police checks

Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:39 am
Just Joined

ketjsmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default police checks

Hi There

Had police checks done in August 2008 for TWP ,moved to Canada in October ,now want to go for PR but unsure if we have to get new police checks done or would the old ones suffice because we have not lived in England basically since they were issued.

Thanks
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: police checks

I think the police checks will be valid for 3 months.

In any case, if you apply for PR, won't they as for police checks again?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

you need new ones i'm afraid. i don't think it matters if you've been living there recently or not. just because you don't live there doesn't mean you can't visit and commit a crime. plus the validity period is only 3 months as spaceace mentioned.. so unfortunately you will need to get new ones.

Last edited by kleinluka; Apr 26th 2009 at 6:57 am.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

coritani is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm about to go to Canada and my understanding is that when you apply for PR you then have to send an original copy of an up to date ACPO criminal record check cert. Probably a bit late if you're already there, but I'm getting all my forms and photos signed and filled out now, ready for my mum to send off for me when the time comes and then forward then on to me in Canada in time for my application.

I think they should be within three months old, although people have told me they've sent ones that are up to six months old and had no problem, better to be safe than sorry though.