Police checks

Old Dec 3rd 2004, 7:14 am
Just Joined

swag298 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police checks

Hello everyone. Newbie here. Just a quick question.
Don't know who else here will be in a similar situation but...
I'm applying for PR, with my Canadian wife as sponsor.

My question is about Police checks.
I'm in the Army, so have applied, and received, a clean Royal Military Police check. This is stated as "applicable to all countries served in."
I have served in UK, Germany (4 years) and Canada (3 years).

Reading through the info. with my application it says that UK citizens should not submit Police checks with their application, but will be advised at a later date on requirements.

Does anybody else have any experience or guidance they could share? (There you go. That was the quick question bit! The rest is actually fairly long winded!!))

I am aware of the accepted wisdom that as much documentation as poss. should be submitted.
I really need a faultless application as I was due to leave the Army Aug 2005, but this has now been brought forward to Apr. I know I stand almost zero chance of receiving visa before my finish date, but would like to get as close as poss.
A friend of mine in the same situation did send civvie Police check with his application but neither of us know whether it actually helped at all. His appl. went in Jul 2004 and he had his visa by Sept.

Cheers in anticipation,

swag

Last edited by swag298; Dec 3rd 2004 at 7:17 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 7:54 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default Re: Police checks

Originally Posted by swag298
Hello everyone. Newbie here. Just a quick question.
Don't know who else here will be in a similar situation but...
I'm applying for PR, with my Canadian wife as sponsor.

My question is about Police checks.
I'm in the Army, so have applied, and received, a clean Royal Military Police check. This is stated as "applicable to all countries served in."
I have served in UK, Germany (4 years) and Canada (3 years).

Reading through the info. with my application it says that UK citizens should not submit Police checks with their application, but will be advised at a later date on requirements.

Does anybody else have any experience or guidance they could share? (There you go. That was the quick question bit! The rest is actually fairly long winded!!))

I am aware of the accepted wisdom that as much documentation as poss. should be submitted.
I really need a faultless application as I was due to leave the Army Aug 2005, but this has now been brought forward to Apr. I know I stand almost zero chance of receiving visa before my finish date, but would like to get as close as poss.
A friend of mine in the same situation did send civvie Police check with his application but neither of us know whether it actually helped at all. His appl. went in Jul 2004 and he had his visa by Sept.

Cheers in anticipation,

swag
Probably good to have the civil ones as well, Germany is real easy (1 week) UK I dont know and Canada the RCMP takes a long time.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 8:38 am
got visa

scrim20gb is an unknown quantity at this point

swag????????????????/ what the hell hahahahahahahahaha
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 8:46 am
got visa

scrim20gb is an unknown quantity at this point

speak to mr miller he seems to know what the score is with immigration. just one for ya mate, i forgot to mention on the phone before. for my resetelment abroad i had to give the army 6 weeks notice so they could compile the paper work. i cant remember if you said you had finished your paper work or not? if you need anything else gimme a bell mate.
dom
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

swag298 is an unknown quantity at this point

swag's my initials.
Yeh, hoping to organise the Class1 for early March so that should give them long enough.
Spoke to Shuggy at BATUS yesterday too. He's done all his imm. in Canada.
He didn't bother with the German one. He did UK, RCMP and RMP and it worked.
I should have my UK Police cert. by Tuesday. The difficult one will be the RCMP, but I have a friendly Redcliffe RCMP bloke who can get me one quick. Can't get in touch with him at the mo' though.

swag