Police Check, urgent question

Old Nov 1st 2011, 10:43 am
Just Joined

savannah101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Check, urgent question

I am in the process of putting together my documents to be sponsored by my husband, who is currently in Camada, to join him there. I am a British Citizen, currently living in the UK.
I have lived in various countries due to my job and am having some difficulty getting the police record forms from each of those countries.

I would like to know if I we can submit the application with all the police records except one, and advise the CIC that we can send this last one within the next 2 months? it is a certificate for Kenya, which is listed as mandatory on thw website. I have tried to contact CIC, without any luck.

thank you for any assistance.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 2:44 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Check, urgent question

My husband was advised that his certificate from Singapore must be included as incomplete applications will be returned. Sorry, not what you want to hear, but maybe you could join him on a holiday visa, as long as you don't intend to work while you wait for visa to come through.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

I personally wouldn't because it can be tough to match things up, but appreciate you want to get on with things and submit your app rather than wait around for this last certificate.

Can you try calling CIC again - you must be able to get to speak to someone? Surely. I'm not saying they will give you a definitive answer of course, but they will be able to guide you. I imagine if you don't send it in, then they will contact you to request you send the certificate, but of course you don't know exactly when they will contact you to do this - so of course the Kenyan certificate you had/ve could be out of date if you see what I mean. All certs need to be no older than 3 months by the time you send your app.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 6:59 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by __TJ__
My husband was advised that his certificate from Singapore must be included as incomplete applications will be returned. Sorry, not what you want to hear, but maybe you could join him on a holiday visa, as long as you don't intend to work while you wait for visa to come through.

Actually bad advise. If you are not a Singapore citizen, you can't obtain the police certificate from them until you receive a Certificate of Clearance letter from the Visa Office processing the application. Only then can you apply for a Police Certificate. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../singapore.asp
Old Nov 6th 2011, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

savannah101 is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you all for the replies, really appreciate the assistance.