Police check (UK)

Old Dec 5th 2011, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

skytra7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police check (UK)

Hi,

Got to do a UK police check for Family class visa for Canada. Does any body know how long this takes to process and how long it is valid for in the eyes of the Canadian Visa Authorities?

Thanks
Old Dec 5th 2011, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Police check (UK)

Originally Posted by skytra7
Hi,

Got to do a UK police check for Family class visa for Canada. Does any body know how long this takes to process and how long it is valid for in the eyes of the Canadian Visa Authorities?

Thanks
There are a few threads on this is you do a search, but if memory serves it takes about 2 weeks (although you can pay extra to get it done quicker), and to be honest my memory fails me as to how long they're valid for. I seem to recall 2 years, but part of me tells myself that can't be correct as you can get up to much naughtyness in 2 years.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 8:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

As the pp said, a quick search of the forum will reveal the answer, but they take approx 2 weeks to get back and must be no more than 3 months old when submitted to CIC.

Old Dec 5th 2011, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
As the pp said, a quick search of the forum will reveal the answer, but they take approx 2 weeks to get back and must be no more than 3 months old when submitted to CIC.

sometimes it can be quicker, my most recent one I did in September took about 5 days from being sent from my parents in the UK to be received by them, this was the standard service too. Will soon find out how long again, Just found I have to send away for another one though because my current one will be 3 months old in 2 days, and Im about 2 weeks from sending off my spousal sponsorship app - because yes, it HAS to be no older than 3 months at time of sending off the appl FRUSTRATING!!
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skytra7
Hi,

Thanks
Uk police check was the easiest thing my husband had to do. I am sure it took him less then 5 days.