Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Police check requirements for IEC...

Police check requirements for IEC...

Old Apr 24th 2013, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Old Hermit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police check requirements for IEC...

Hi All,

Firstly apologies for clogging up the forum with another thread, I can't seem to find the answer on the CIC site, or when I've tried to search...

I'm going to apply for the IEC next year, but I'd like a bit of clarification as far as how long I can have been in a country for before a police check is required.

I lived in Spain from October 2010 to June 2011, however I didn't get my NIE number (I slept through the interview and my boss was furious ). I've since read that Spain don't supply police checks to foreigners unless they have an NIE number..!

Would I even need one for 9 months in Spain..?

Would I be better just 'forgetting' about those 9 months when I put my application together?
Old Apr 24th 2013, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police check requirements for IEC...

Originally Posted by Old Hermit
Hi All,

Firstly apologies for clogging up the forum with another thread, I can't seem to find the answer on the CIC site, or when I've tried to search...

I'm going to apply for the IEC next year, but I'd like a bit of clarification as far as how long I can have been in a country for before a police check is required.

I lived in Spain from October 2010 to June 2011, however I didn't get my NIE number (I slept through the interview and my boss was furious ). I've since read that Spain don't supply police checks to foreigners unless they have an NIE number..!

Would I even need one for 9 months in Spain..?

Would I be better just 'forgetting' about those 9 months when I put my application together?
No as that would be misrepresentation. Its for any country you have lived in for more than 6 months. Spain is hardly a difficult country to get a Police Certificate from. Even serving soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq need them or some form of confirmation.
Read this link in how to obtain one
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...rope/spain.asp