Police Check Questions - BUNAC

Old Sep 17th 2008, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Cut_Chemist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Check Questions - BUNAC

Hi all,

I'm sorry if this gets asked a lot, but I'm a little confused!

I'm applying through BUNAC for the non-student work Canada programme as soon as it opens, however, I know I need to obtain a Police Check. Due to my current line of work, I have had a CRB check, which is dated March 2008. By the time I apply, my CRB check will be less than a year old. However, by the time I plan on actually going to Canada, it will be more than a year old. Will I need to obtain another one?

On the BUNAC website, it says you can obtain a Police Check for £10 which takes 30-40 days to process. If I applied for one of these at the beginning of next month, and it is back just before applications for BUNAC open in November, would I be able to use this? Would it speed up my application if I already had the Police Check? I don't want to apply to BUNAC without having a Police Check, and then have to wait 30-40 days for that to come back before BUNAC process my application.

Does any of this make sense?! I was typing as I was thinking haha
Thanks,
Old Sep 18th 2008, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Cut_Chemist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Check Questions - BUNAC

I just spoke to the friendly guys at BUNAC, who explained to me that it will be fine to use my CRB to apply - as long as I apply before March 2009. So for anyone else in my position, as long as the date of your last CRB check was less than a year before you apply for Work Authorisation, you can use that as the Police Check.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Check Questions - BUNAC

I was told that a CRB is only good for 6 months but I guess that has changed now.

Just get a simple police check. You used to be able to go into your local cop shop but now they have got nasty and are trying to make you do it online for £30, Disgusting! When I was last home I asked for one. They told me that they could not do it but was not sure at the time so they took my £10 and had me fill out the form. The day I was flying back to Canada they called me and told me that they were no longer allowed to do it this way, told me that I had to apply online and asked me to come back to get my £10. I was on my way to Heathrow Airport at the time so I wrote the £10 off and thought...I have my FBI check, no big deal and left it at that. 3 weeks later I get a police check forwarded to me from London. How strange I thought.