Wikiposts

Police Check Query

Old Aug 10th 2008, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of
Default Police Check Query

Hi,

Due to CIC wanting further info following our medicals we have decided to get our police checks done again as they expire mid-September and we don't want further delay! When I first applied for our police checks back in February there was a conversation going on here about a new trial police check which people were using - we, however, went with the original £10 check. I wondered if this new style of police check is still being trialed? If so has anyone in Hertfordshire used it, as the constabulary website is still only offering the £10 forty day route.

Thanks!
Old Aug 10th 2008, 6:46 am
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all
Default Re: Police Check Query

Originally Posted by luvmykids
Hi,

Due to CIC wanting further info following our medicals we have decided to get our police checks done again as they expire mid-September and we don't want further delay! When I first applied for our police checks back in February there was a conversation going on here about a new trial police check which people were using - we, however, went with the original £10 check. I wondered if this new style of police check is still being trialed? If so has anyone in Hertfordshire used it, as the constabulary website is still only offering the £10 forty day route.

Thanks!
I think that you have to go with the new style ones now - I don't think the police will supply the old style applications anyway.

The Embassy fully accepts the new ones plus they're done much quicker - you can even get by return of post for the higher fee. You download the application form on-line - it's really easy.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RN1
I think that you have to go with the new style ones now - I don't think the police will supply the old style applications anyway.

The Embassy fully accepts the new ones plus they're done much quicker - you can even get by return of post for the higher fee. You download the application form on-line - it's really easy.
Thanks. Do you know where I will obtain the online download form as there is not one on Hertfordshire Constabulary's website?
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:04 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I am about to apply for police checks. My understanding is that the old £10 checks are still valid for use until the end of the year, then it will be the new check (ACPO).

I have contacted my local police and they have provided the SAR request forms.

Can somebody please advise if I am thinking incorrectly on this as I don't want to waste time applying for the SAR if it is wrong.

Thanks
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

http://www.acpo.police.uk/Certificat...form%20pdf.pdf

This is the application. They're quick with the response too.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lloydies

Thanks very much
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
I am about to apply for police checks. My understanding is that the old £10 checks are still valid for use until the end of the year, then it will be the new check (ACPO).

I have contacted my local police and they have provided the SAR request forms.

Can somebody please advise if I am thinking incorrectly on this as I don't want to waste time applying for the SAR if it is wrong.

Thanks
You can still use the SAR request forms, these are cheaper but take longer to come back. When we applied back in February ours hadn't arrived by the 40 day cut off and we had to chase it up, therefore as we want to have an updated check in place for when CIC probably ask for an update we want to go for the more expensive but quicker check.

My advice would be that if you have the time to wait for the 40 day one then stick with it as it will save you money. However if you're on a tight timeframe then go for the new police check.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 6:53 am
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lloydies

Beat me too it - was just replying!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:29 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvmykids
You can still use the SAR request forms, these are cheaper but take longer to come back. When we applied back in February ours hadn't arrived by the 40 day cut off and we had to chase it up, therefore as we want to have an updated check in place for when CIC probably ask for an update we want to go for the more expensive but quicker check.

My advice would be that if you have the time to wait for the 40 day one then stick with it as it will save you money. However if you're on a tight timeframe then go for the new police check.
Thanks very much for info
Old Aug 12th 2008, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RN1

Hi
Thats not exactly true. You can still ask for a £10 Subject Access report under Data protection Act.......the other way is still only a trial and they are getting a lot of extra money out of people on the back of not offering the £10 police check.....You do not have to do it that way....just don't mention that you are immigrating to canada
good luck
stef and lins