Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Police Check from Hong Kong complete what should i do now

Police Check from Hong Kong complete what should i do now

Old Jun 13th 2016, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Bexleybuttler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Check from Hong Kong complete what should i do now

Hi Guys just a quick question and some advice required.

SO we applied for Spousal Sponsorship back in October 2015. SA was approved in December 2015, In May 2016 London requested a police record check from Hong Kong.

I have spoken to Hong Kong Police this morning and they have now confirmed that the Police check is complete (No criminal record Found) this has been sent directly back to the Embassy in London as is Hong Kong's way...

In peoples experience can i assume London when requesting the HK police check would have looked at the rest of my case and said as long as the HK police check comes back clear this case is ready to go????? If they had any other queries or requests would they have made them at the same time as the request for the HK police check?? Our case is quite straight forward just me on the application married etc....

Now officially London say that they can take up to 4 months to further review my case... In peoples experience do they actually take that long???

If i send a case specific enquiry will this actually push them into action to say ahh yes all docs are now complete we can issue COPR???? Or does sending a case specific enquiry simply do nothing in actual terms?

Cheers Guys HOPEFULLY we are on the Home stretch want to move in September and don't really want to go in under Dual Intent...