Police Check documents-Help!

Old Jul 5th 2014, 5:46 am
Just Joined

Aurora66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Check documents-Help!

Hello, I am hoping someone can help our family.
We moved here in October 13; my husband is Canadian and had taken a job in B.C. We visited him and decided to adjust our status. However, our son during his immigration medical was found to have a cancerous growth in his throat. We were told by CIC that we couldn't apply for P.R. until he was medically declared fit. We since learned that that isn't the case because of a clause in the law and are delighted to hear that. However, in preparing our documents for our P.R. application tonight, I read that the law is changing so that dependants over 18 cannot be sponsored from August 1st-next month. We have two sons who are over 18 and want to be sponsored. The thing is, their police certificates from the USA will take 16/18 weeks. We have less than a month and now im wondering-can we apply this week using everything we have and show proof that we have applied for the police checks and will that be ok with CIC?
I cant believe that after everything we have gone through, things could go so wrong now and our family cant be together.

Please PLEASE anyone out there, if you know the answer to our query, we would really appreciate your insight and advice.

Thanks so much,
Old Jul 5th 2014, 9:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Check documents-Help!

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I'm confused - if your husband is Canadian, aren't your sons already Canadian citizens?

If not, and they really do need visas then I don't think you have any option but to send it without the police certs and hope CIC are ok with that. Just explain they'll be following as soon as you have them.

Best of luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 5th 2014 at 9:40 am.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I'm confused - if your husband is Canadian, aren't your sons already Canadian citizens?

If not, and they really do need visas then I don't think you have any option but to send it without the police certs and hope CIC are ok with that. Just explain they'll be following as soon as you have them.

Best of luck.
Hi Christmasoompa,.

Thanks, I'm so glad for the forum! My husband is Canadian but we are a blended family.
Yes, there's nothing else for it but to send them later, I've read on other forums now that its likely they will be accepted but you I guess its normal to feel apprehensive about it.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 3:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I see. I assumed they were his biological children from 'our son' etc.

Best of luck with it.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ah, I see. I assumed they were his biological children from 'our son' etc.

Best of luck with it.
Yes, they are our all our sons and daughters as they are all part of our family

Thanks, I appreciate your help