Police Check

Old Mar 30th 2011, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police Check

Just wondered how others had dealt with this issue:

We're getting UK police checks done for PR application. However, as part of university course mrs jimf spent 9 months in france and 3 months in germany. The CIC instructions say police certificates are required for each country lived in for 6 months or more over the age of 18. So in theory a french police certificate is required? Anyone else done this or instead just put down the UK university address for the full length of the course including the foreign placement?
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:04 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Check

Originally Posted by jimf

We're getting UK police checks done for PR application. However, as part of university course mrs jimf spent 9 months in france and 3 months in germany. The CIC instructions say police certificates are required for each country lived in for 6 months or more over the age of 18. So in theory a french police certificate is required? Anyone else done this or instead just put down the UK university address for the full length of the course including the foreign placement?
If she was physically in France - then I am afraid she needs to supply a French Police Cert

Last edited by AmyDavid; Mar 30th 2011 at 5:19 am. Reason: Error re trying to type AND speak on phone :0)
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

Vbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really nice

Originally Posted by jimf

Yes, I would say get the PCC from France and send it to them, they're very picky and anal about these docs. Not submitting them will only delay your process...I learnt my lesson
Old Mar 30th 2011, 8:02 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, it's damned easy, the links are on the CIC website. France was a dream, I am British and born in the UK and needed the information by post, and requested it on-line and got it 48 hours later - totally free! My husband, a Canadian, just taking up work and needing a 'Police check' requested one and got it in the same time period too, again totally free, unlike the megabucks I paid to the UK to tell me what I knew in the first place. Yeh France!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

sophieb is an unknown quantity at this point

As MillieF says, it's really easy. Go here:

http://faq.cjn.justice.gouv.fr/selfs...plate.do?id=91

Just fill in the request via e-mail and you should have it within a week if they have to post it to the UK (only takes a couple of days here in France!. No photo needed or fees to pay like the UK!!
Old Mar 31st 2011, 12:47 am
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Just echoing the others. Mrs F F spent a year at University in France and applied for French police certificates. She also lived in Japan. Of the three police authorities, France was by far and away the quickest!
Old Mar 31st 2011, 2:20 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Germany
Was also fast and cheap compared to the UK!

Portugal
We had to drive to Lisbon and present ourselves in person at the correct Police department. The guy took a copy of our passports, checked the National Police system and printed out two clearance certificates. Cost: 5 Euros each.
Took 7 hours to drive there and back. 10 minutes for the two police checks (wife and I).

It's fast looking like we'll be up there again fro the same thing in a couple of months!