police certs - extra copies?

Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default police certs - extra copies?

Now that the provincial part of our application has been Ok'd, I'm getting the next stage organised. I see it costs £35 each to order our police certificates, but only £5 for an extra copy. Is there any reason why I would want to get another copy at the same time? Might I need one for anything else? Do they expire or could it come in handy?
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

kirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to all
Default Re: police certs - extra copies?

Hi not sure when they expire i think they have a year. Ours got lost apparentley and we had to ask for new ones they will only hold all your details at the police station for 3 months, so if your first set 'dont get there' then it might be a good idea to get copies just in case. We wer'nt told that ours were not at the embassy til it was too late and after the 3 months so we had to pay the £35 each again good luck Kirsty x
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:15 pm
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by izzi81
Now that the provincial part of our application has been Ok'd, I'm getting the next stage organised. I see it costs £35 each to order our police certificates, but only £5 for an extra copy. Is there any reason why I would want to get another copy at the same time? Might I need one for anything else? Do they expire or could it come in handy?
I just got the one when I applied for my PR. I've never needed it for anything else since arriving in Canada. The only thing I can think of is if there is a delay in your application and they need an update of something. I had to have a second health examination and chest x-ray because by the time the PR had been processed, the first one had expired. But if that were the case they would probably want a fresh police cert. anyway, just in case you've robbed a bank or something in the interim.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

It's worth getting an extra one in case you need to get another one later on after the original has expired. You can then provide it with your second police certificate application. That said, I'm not sure if it speeds up the process at their end but I imagine it probably helps them quite a bit.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 8:46 pm
887 lb pumpkin

flipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by izzi81
Might be a lot cheaper just to photocopy the first one?
Old Jul 29th 2010, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

kirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to all

can't photocopy it unfortunatley, think I remember a hologram on it could be wrong though.
Kirsty x
Old Jul 30th 2010, 8:18 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

We got extra copies for the sake of a fiver just in case anything went missing. So far we haven't needed them!
Old Jul 30th 2010, 8:56 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Falcore
We got extra copies for the sake of a fiver just in case anything went missing. So far we haven't needed them!
So did we! Better than paying another £35 later and waiting for it to arrive!
In fact got 2 copies of everything - Uni transcripts as well!
Possibly a bit anally retentive, but I feel much better!
Old Jul 30th 2010, 8:57 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirstybowles
can't photocopy it unfortunatley, think I remember a hologram on it could be wrong though.
Kirsty x
You are right - they can't be photocopied.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone, I think I will request one extra copy for each of us. I think £35 is a bit pricey, if I had to pay it twice because they got lost of something I'd be not at all happy! So an extra £10 seems worth it for security
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

anewPR is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by helcat12
So did we! Better than paying another £35 later and waiting for it to arrive!
In fact got 2 copies of everything - Uni transcripts as well!
Possibly a bit anally retentive, but I feel much better!

Me too, I didn't need it but hell for the extra 10 dollars (I applied Inland) I figured better to have 2 and have a spare than go through the whole process again.

Immigration is a minefield, best to be prepared for the worst at all times.

That sounds very negative, I know but too many people have too many stories about papers lost, to trust CIC or London with those valuable documents.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 7:58 am
Island life at last

Originally Posted by anewPR
Me too, I didn't need it but hell for the extra 10 dollars (I applied Inland) I figured better to have 2 and have a spare than go through the whole process again.

Immigration is a minefield, best to be prepared for the worst at all times.

That sounds very negative, I know but too many people have too many stories about papers lost, to trust CIC or London with those valuable documents.
It's the associated things like the photographs. Ever piece of paperwork requires different photos. Some want cream or light grey background, some want white, some want them to be signed by a 'professional' who has know you for a long time and some don't.
I just didn't want to have to trawl through all that again, especially with OH in Canada in three weeks - it would mean sending stuff back and forth in the post and time delay and worry we just don't need.