Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

police certifiicate .........help please

police certifiicate .........help please

Old Jul 2nd 2010, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

soon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nice
Default police certifiicate .........help please

We have just rec'd our policve certificiates ( took 11 days)

Unfortunately I was, via a military summary trial, convicted of common assault 5 years ago and this has been stated on the certificate. Civilian police were never involved.

Will this mean that our application will fail? We are about to send the full application to London after receiving our 120 day letter last month.

Anybody else been in a similar position? Any thoughts from others?

I'm not a bad lad, the bloke hit me twice and I retaliated, a moment of madness.

Thanks.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

ScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: police certifiicate .........help please

Looks like you will need to apply for an get Criminal Rehab.

Does the charge appear on your Civilian Police record cert?

Here is a thread of my experiences on the Rehab process, i am also ex Forces. I would not worry too much about being sucessful (Easy for me to say i know) as long as it was a 1 off and you have learnt from it you should be fine.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647159

Best advice, do not try and gloss over it, pull together the full rehab paperwork, it will mean a huge amount of extra work but you will be able to do it within your 120 period.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Regards

ScottyB
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

soon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nice

Originally Posted by ScottyB
Looks like you will need to apply for an get Criminal Rehab.

Does the charge appear on your Civilian Police record cert?

Here is a thread of my experiences on the Rehab process, i am also ex Forces. I would not worry too much about being sucessful (Easy for me to say i know) as long as it was a 1 off and you have learnt from it you should be fine.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647159

Best advice, do not try and gloss over it, pull together the full rehab paperwork, it will mean a huge amount of extra work but you will be able to do it within your 120 period.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Regards

ScottyB
Thanks for such a quick reply Scotty.

Just for clarification, you stated 'I would not worry too much about being sucessful', do you mean that we may still be successful?

The police cert states:
offence - common assault, court - flag officer summary, disposal - £1000, severe reprimand.

Defo a one off, rehab paper work will be chased up. My neighbour also happens to be a police inspector so I'll ask her write a reference.

Thanks for the help.

JW
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Scotty,

Is the rehab admin sent to CIC london along with the full application (ie included in Section 12) or does it go back to Sydney, NS?

Thanks,

JW