Police Certificates Validation

Old May 3rd 2010, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

johnnyk.kennedy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Certificates Validation

Whats the length of time that my Police certificate can remain valid for when submitting my full application.

Is it no longer than 3 months or 12 months? I have police certs that are 9 months old.

Thanks!
Old May 3rd 2010, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Police Certificates Validation

For BUNAC it is usually ok to have an older Police Certificate. But for CIC immigration (Permanent Residency applications) it must not be older than 3 months!
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mermaid3011
For BUNAC it is usually ok to have an older Police Certificate. But for CIC immigration (Permanent Residency applications) it must not be older than 3 months!
I am completing the forms for myself at the moment....For CIC immigration (I am going through spouse sponsorship) it states 6 months.
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canuck2b
I am completing the forms for myself at the moment....For CIC immigration (I am going through spouse sponsorship) it states 6 months.
I thought it was one year. We are FSW1. Might be wrong though.
lns
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:26 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
I thought it was one year. We are FSW1. Might be wrong though.
lns
Sorry both of you are wrong. Here is what CIC says

"Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application.

If the original certificate is neither in English nor in French, submit both the certificate and the original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator with your application.
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Sorry both of you are wrong. Here is what CIC says

"Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application.

If the original certificate is neither in English nor in French, submit both the certificate and the original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator with your application.
Okay so it completely contradicts itself then....

How long is my Police Certificate valid for?

There is no set period of time for which the police certificate is considered to be valid. The Police Certificate is only truly accurate on the date of issue. Embassies or High Commissions will usually require you to produce a Police Certificate, which has been issued less than six (6) months before your visa interview.