Police Certificates and TWP

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of
Default Police Certificates and TWP

Hi Everyone

Me again with yet another question! I know you have to have a Police Certificate for PR but do you need one for TWP? I have all of my paperwork here ready to take to the Post Office....Job Offer Letter, LMO application, bankers draft, CV etc etc I have covered everything on the checklist but I keep having this nagging doubt I should have included a Police Certificate....I have spoken to Notts Police who have said it takes 6 weeks for a certificate to come through and so this will delay our application further, has anyone sent or not sent Police Certs on application for TWP? I do have a CRB which has just been done should I include that do you think? I checked the CIC and the site just says you MAY need a Police Cert??

Thanks for all of your help again in advance

Julie
Old Jan 9th 2008, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

ojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really nice
Default Re: Police Certificates and TWP

I didn't include one. Should be fine without. It's a damn pain trying to get one, as you've noticed!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Very_Optimistic is on a distinguished road

Sure someone else will jump in and provide a more comprehensive reply. However, as far as I am aware the police checks for TWP are only required if you are working in certain occupations e.g. healthcare, with children etc.

I recall this came up in an earlier thread but can't quite find it now
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:48 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rhodeys
Hi Everyone

Me again with yet another question! I know you have to have a Police Certificate for PR but do you need one for TWP? I have all of my paperwork here ready to take to the Post Office....Job Offer Letter, LMO application, bankers draft, CV etc etc I have covered everything on the checklist but I keep having this nagging doubt I should have included a Police Certificate....I have spoken to Notts Police who have said it takes 6 weeks for a certificate to come through and so this will delay our application further, has anyone sent or not sent Police Certs on application for TWP? I do have a CRB which has just been done should I include that do you think? I checked the CIC and the site just says you MAY need a Police Cert??

Thanks for all of your help again in advance

Julie
Hi
I'm going out on TWP in the healthcare field and a police check for my TWP wasn't required.
Terese
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

im going to calgary on a twp i work in construction and i had to have a police check done. but oh hasnt included one on spousal application ,although we have jusr sent off for hers doing just in case.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Very_Optimistic is on a distinguished road

Doesn't seem to be any pattern. We were told that OH would need one to work as a GP. May be nurses are more trustworthy and less likely to be criminals
Old Jan 10th 2008, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Canadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant future

As a Medical Doctor, who has the power to write prescriptions for narcotics, I should hope he has a criminal check with negative results on it !!!( grin) .

Jim B. Toronto.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone for your help, we sent off application for TWP without Police Certs and applied for Police certs in case

Julie