Wikiposts

police certificates

Old Mar 30th 2006, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

marsaday is just really nicemarsaday is just really nicemarsaday is just really nicemarsaday is just really nicemarsaday is just really nicemarsaday is just really nicemarsaday is just really nicemarsaday is just really nice
Default police certificates

help needed to guide me throught the police bit - yes i have read previous posts, but want some clarification.

i have received our police checks from my local police station. cost a tenner each and both are clear. my wife has hers from the ukraine as well.

1) in 3 years time will we need to reapply for these certificates again ?

2) what are canadian police certs ? it says we have to apply for these at a later date

3) when do we get our fingerprints taken ?

4) i got fined when i was 18 for being drunk and disorderly. this doesn't show up on any record, but it happened. would i not be allowed to move to canada if this showed up on my record.

thanks for any help.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 11:26 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: police certificates

Originally Posted by marsaday
help needed to guide me throught the police bit - yes i have read previous posts, but want some clarification.

i have received our police checks from my local police station. cost a tenner each and both are clear. my wife has hers from the ukraine as well.

2) what are canadian police certs ? it says we have to apply for these at a later date

4) i got fined when i was 18 for being drunk and disorderly. this doesn't show up on any record, but it happened. would i not be allowed to move to canada if this showed up on my record.

thanks for any help.
1). It is possible, if you reach the stage where you are requested to take medical examinations, that you will need new police certificates. CIC will notify you at this stage to let you know. This will only be for the UK certs, not the one from Ukraine.

2). ? don't know

3). No fingerprints required, as far as I know. We had to have them done for our South African police certs, but not for the English ones.

4). If it's not on your police certificate, don't worry about it..... I doubt if it would make a major difference, in any case.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:01 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for any help.
2) You dont need one unless you have stayed in Canada; you will need fingerprints for them!!
Old Apr 1st 2006, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

marsaday is just really nicemarsaday is just really nicemarsaday is just really nicemarsaday is just really nicemarsaday is just really nicemarsaday is just really nicemarsaday is just really nicemarsaday is just really nice

Originally Posted by amancharan
2) You dont need one unless you have stayed in Canada; you will need fingerprints for them!!
thanks for info
Old Apr 11th 2006, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

boogieman is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for info
so let me get this straight..

as an american applying for citizenship in canada, would canada ask for my fingerprints?
Old Apr 11th 2006, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

vietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the rough

Boogieman, have you been on the CIC web site and have you downloaded all the forms you need for immigration. The reason I ask is because the answeres to many of your questions are in the guides. In the "region specific" guide you will find all the information you need about police checks. I have copied and pasted it for you below. This information was copied for family class immigration for people appying from the USA. Each region is different.

USA :

You must provide:

• A copy of our letter requesting that you obtain a Police Record Check (PC-1 letter enclosed). Affix your own name and address label.
• A full set of fingerprints. Fingerprints should be provided on the FBI fingerprint card and be obtained from a local police department, as long as you have proof of USA your identity, or from a private organization engaged in the fingerprinting business.
• Do not contact any FBI office for fingerprinting. You may request a blank fingerprint form by writing to the FBI at the address in the next column (BELOW).
• Certified cheque or money order for US $18 made payable to the U.S. Treasury.
• Processing times may take between three and six weeks.
• The FBI will send you the results. You should send the fingerprints with any attached documents from the FBI to your sponsor. All police certificates must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted.
• Always specify that you require fingerprints for Canadian Immigration purposes. If you have lived in the United States, you must provide a state certificate in addition to a national FBI certificate.

Address:

FBI
Criminal Justice Information Services
Division (CJIS Division)
Attn: SCU, Mod D-2
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, West Virgina 26306 USA

Originally Posted by boogieman
so let me get this straight..

as an american applying for citizenship in canada, would canada ask for my fingerprints?