Police Certificate in UK

Old Dec 12th 2011, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Niobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to allNiobii is a name known to all
Default Re: Police Certificate in UK

Originally Posted by DandNHill
120 days
Thanks. So it will run out during the processing of the application, does this matter?
Old Dec 12th 2011, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Niobii
Thanks. So it will run out during the processing of the application, does this matter?
It just has to be within the 120 days when you apply.
We're having to start again as to cut a long story short our police checks ran out whilst we were moving over on TWP and getting settled. Just now waiting for new police checks back from 4 different countries to proceed!!!
Old Dec 12th 2011, 6:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

It just has to be within the 120 days when you apply.
We're having to start again as to cut a long story short our police checks ran out whilst we were moving over on TWP and getting settled. Just now waiting for new police checks back from 4 different countries to proceed!!!
Actually Police Certificates can't be older than 90 days when submitted, and they are valid for a year. It is unlikely that CIC/CHC will ask for new ones.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Actually Police Certificates can't be older than 90 days when submitted, and they are valid for a year. It is unlikely that CIC/CHC will ask for new ones.
Hmm, unless it has changed in the last couple of weeks it was 120 days.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 11:56 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hmm, unless it has changed in the last couple of weeks it was 120 days.
Nope, it has always been no older than 3 months.

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cert/intro.asp

Note the date 06/01/2009.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

TheKellys5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by PMM
It is unlikely that CIC/CHC will ask for new ones.
Not true. We had to supply new police certs when CIC requested additional documents as the previous certs were over a year old.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 8:42 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

This surprises me, PMM.
Are you just referring to CIO or to Immigration Canada as a whole, including VOs?

I ask this because I know that you know your stuff but everyone I have been in contact with during our immigration process has been asked to submit new ones during their background checks at the VO, usually at the point at which their medicals are requested.
In our case it was when they requested my husband's updated LMO/TWP and job offer letter prior to Medical requests being issued.

The PC needs to be still valid when they issue the Visa, or at least that is what we have been told.
Some applicants have been asked for new ones even when their original ones had not yet expired but it was going to be touch-and-go whether they would have their Visa issued before that happened.

Is this only happening to FSW applicants?

Last edited by helcat12; Dec 13th 2011 at 8:43 pm. Reason: typo correction
Old Dec 13th 2011, 9:50 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Originally Posted by helcat12
This surprises me, PMM.
Are you just referring to CIO or to Immigration Canada as a whole, including VOs?

I ask this because I know that you know your stuff but everyone I have been in contact with during our immigration process has been asked to submit new ones during their background checks at the VO, usually at the point at which their medicals are requested.
In our case it was when they requested my husband's updated LMO/TWP and job offer letter prior to Medical requests being issued.

The PC needs to be still valid when they issue the Visa, or at least that is what we have been told.
Some applicants have been asked for new ones even when their original ones had not yet expired but it was going to be touch-and-go whether they would have their Visa issued before that happened.

Is this only happening to FSW applicants?
This maybe just London, only those applications that are pre Feb/2008 are usually asked for updated PCCs in most other offices.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 10:33 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

This maybe just London, only those applications that are pre Feb/2008 are usually asked for updated PCCs in most other offices.
Thanks for clarifying, PMM.

Most of the applicants I know are London, of course but I think one or two are Buffalo (but I may be confused about that).
They all had new Police checks requested when their applications were at or near the Meds request stage and their Police checks had either expired or were going to expire very shortly and certainly before issuing of the Visa.

I really don't think that there should be this discrepancy between VOs.
Their procedure should not disadvantage certain nationalities financially or in terms of time their processing takes, as this clearly does.
It is unfair and unnecessary.

Why should UK applicants have to renew their police checks when those from other countries do not?
Old Dec 13th 2011, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

TheKellys5 is on a distinguished road

Why should UK applicants have to renew their police checks when those from other countries do not?
+1
Old Dec 14th 2011, 3:36 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Why does London accept property valuations for proof of funds, where others don't?
Old Dec 14th 2011, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the applicants I know are London, of course but I think one or two are Buffalo (but I may be confused about that).
They all had new Police checks requested when their applications were at or near the Meds request stage and their Police checks had either expired or were going to expire very shortly and certainly before issuing of the Visa.
What is interesting is I haven't had any further Police Checks requested since the originals I sent with my application in August 2010, and I got my Medical Request on Monday. My theory is because I'm applying to Buffalo as a Canadian resident, it works a bit differently. I'm no longer a UK resident so perhaps they don't see new UK police checks as a requirement?

Or maybe they were just so scared by the big red text in my last email to them that they thought it wasn't worth the hassle

As a side note: It looks like me and Neil are pretty close PR timeline wise! I wonder which one of us will win the race
Old Dec 14th 2011, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
What is interesting is I haven't had any further Police Checks requested since the originals I sent with my application in August 2010, and I got my Medical Request on Monday. My theory is because I'm applying to Buffalo as a Canadian resident, it works a bit differently. I'm no longer a UK resident so perhaps they don't see new UK police checks as a requirement?

Or maybe they were just so scared by the big red text in my last email to them that they thought it wasn't worth the hassle

As a side note: It looks like me and Neil are pretty close PR timeline wise! I wonder which one of us will win the race
Congrats on the med requests, James !

We took our meds on the 30th Nov, so the race is on.....may the luckiest applicant win !
Old Dec 16th 2011, 3:46 am
Island life at last

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Why does London accept property valuations for proof of funds, where others don't?
I don't know.

My issue is not that they ask for new Police checks at London but that it is one rule for one set of applicants and another for the rest.
I am sure there are several examples that could be cited and IMHO they are all wrong.

I think that CIC should be consistent - I don't care whether it is one way or the other, but it should be the same for all applicants to Canada wherever they are from.
To change the rules depending on which country you are applying from doesn't make sense and favours some applicants over others purely by accident of their nationality.

Hey, GREAT NEWS, CanadaJimmy!!
Old Dec 16th 2011, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't know.

My issue is not that they ask for new Police checks at London but that it is one rule for one set of applicants and another for the rest.
I am sure there are several examples that could be cited and IMHO they are all wrong.

I think that CIC should be consistent - I don't care whether it is one way or the other, but it should be the same for all applicants to Canada wherever they are from.
To change the rules depending on which country you are applying from doesn't make sense and favours some applicants over others purely by accident of their nationality.

Hey, GREAT NEWS, CanadaJimmy!!
In a world of political correctness it's surprising they can actually do it! Maybe we should make a complaint on the grounds of discrimination? .... You first... lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.