Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Police Certificate from Saudi (PCC)

Police Certificate from Saudi (PCC)

Old Jul 31st 2004, 1:27 pm
JRF
Just Joined

JRF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Certificate from Saudi (PCC)

Is Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) required from Saudi Arabia to apply for Canadian Immigration (PR).
I am NOT a Saudi Citizen but worked there about a year and so far I got no clue how to obtain PCC from Saudi.

Had any body successfully obtained Police Clearance Certificate from Saudi Arabia?

There are no responses to many emails and calls to Saudi Embassy in USA in requesting the PCC.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Certificate from Saudi (PCC)

What nationality are you?? how long have you been in Saudi Arabia.

Originally posted by JRF
Is Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) required from Saudi Arabia to apply for Canadian Immigration (PR).
I am NOT a Saudi Citizen but worked there about a year and so far I got no clue how to obtain PCC from Saudi.

Had any body successfully obtained Police Clearance Certificate from Saudi Arabia?

There are no responses to many emails and calls to Saudi Embassy in USA in requesting the PCC.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

longwait is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JRF

I have also applied for Canadian PR in June of 2002 and I had lived in Saudi Arabia for 2 years in the past. The application then said that you should not attempt to get PCC from Saudi because they will not give you one. The application also indicated that the Canadians will inquire on your behalf. This might have changed since then, so check your application first.
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 1:59 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by JRF

I'm not sure if this helps you, but I lived in the UAE for slightly over 6 months after I turned 18. I just received my initial assessment and they didn't ask me for a police clearance from the UAE.
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

netkit is an unknown quantity at this point

SAUDI ATHORITIES WILL NEVER GIVE SUCH CERTIFICATES WITHOUT PROPER DOCUMENTS. BUT I THINK YOU CAN CLAIM CANADIAN EMBASSY THAT YOU HAVE TRIED FOR OBTAINING PCC . YOU MAY ASK THEM TO TREAT EXIT VISA ON PASSPORT AS PCC FROM SAUDI ARABIA AS SAUDI PASSPORT DEPARTMENT ONLY ISSUES EXIT VISA TO THOSE FORIEGNERS WHO DONT HAVE ANY POLICE RECORD............
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:01 am
The ECA Godfather

Originally posted by netkit
SAUDI ATHORITIES WILL NEVER GIVE SUCH CERTIFICATES WITHOUT PROPER DOCUMENTS. BUT I THINK YOU CAN CLAIM CANADIAN EMBASSY THAT YOU HAVE TRIED FOR OBTAINING PCC . YOU MAY ASK THEM TO TREAT EXIT VISA ON PASSPORT AS PCC FROM SAUDI ARABIA AS SAUDI PASSPORT DEPARTMENT ONLY ISSUES EXIT VISA TO THOSE FORIEGNERS WHO DONT HAVE ANY POLICE RECORD............
If I were you, I wouldn't say anything at all. Send your application without it and see what happens. According to this lawyer web site, you don't neet to obtain a police Certificate from Saudi Arabia. Is this information accurate or not? I don't really no, but all I know is that it was true for my case.

http://canadavisa.com/documents/sec_buf.htm
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

netkit is an unknown quantity at this point

WELL MJ23 THE SITE U QOUTED IS 3RD PARTY WEBSITE AND IS NOT THE OFFICIAL CIC WEB SITE. NOW A DAYS THEY R ASKING TO PROVIDE PCC FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD IF RESIDED FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS . IT IS NOW UR DUTY TO SATISFY CONCERNED CIC POST IF UNABLE TO GET PCC. PLEASE DONT QUOTE ANY REFERRENCE OF ANY WEB SITE IF VISA POST HAS ASKED FOR REQUIRED DOCUMMENTS.
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 6:48 am
The ECA Godfather

Originally posted by netkit
WELL MJ23 THE SITE U QOUTED IS 3RD PARTY WEBSITE AND IS NOT THE OFFICIAL CIC WEB SITE. NOW A DAYS THEY R ASKING TO PROVIDE PCC FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD IF RESIDED FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS . IT IS NOW UR DUTY TO SATISFY CONCERNED CIC POST IF UNABLE TO GET PCC. PLEASE DONT QUOTE ANY REFERRENCE OF ANY WEB SITE IF VISA POST HAS ASKED FOR REQUIRED DOCUMMENTS.

Why are you using Capital letters? Stop being too angry
If you read my last post, you will see that I questioned the accuracy of the web site myself All I said, is that it was true in my case which is very recent by the way. I received my Initial Assessment two weeks ago.

Take a deep breath
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 11:03 am
Just Joined

birdiebar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by longwait
I have also applied for Canadian PR in June of 2002 and I had lived in Saudi Arabia for 2 years in the past. The application then said that you should not attempt to get PCC from Saudi because they will not give you one. The application also indicated that the Canadians will inquire on your behalf. This might have changed since then, so check your application first.

Longwait,

Iam in same situation , lets exchange notes, how to get it or explain to canadian immigration why we cant get it

birdie
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 11:23 am
Just Joined

JohnFleming is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JRF

Slightly different situation for me but I hope it helps. I lived and worked in Germany for 14 months after my 18th birthday before returning to the UK. (I am a british citizen). When preparing my PR application, I was advised that I most definately had to submit police clearance from ANY country where I had lived or worked for more than 6 months since my 18th birthday. If I left out the information, my application would be returned/delayed etc.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by JohnFleming
Slightly different situation for me but I hope it helps. I lived and worked in Germany for 14 months after my 18th birthday before returning to the UK. (I am a british citizen). When preparing my PR application, I was advised that I most definately had to submit police clearance from ANY country where I had lived or worked for more than 6 months since my 18th birthday. If I left out the information, my application would be returned/delayed etc.
John,

I thought you started this thread as could not get the saudi authorities to respond. Iam lost by your response. Did you get PCC from saudi or not

birdie
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 11:46 am
Just Joined

JohnFleming is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by birdiebar
John,

I thought you started this thread as could not get the saudi authorities to respond. Iam lost by your response. Did you get PCC from saudi or not

birdie
Not me, honest !! Thread started by JRF.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:36 pm
JRF
Just Joined

Originally posted by JohnFleming
Not me, honest !! Thread started by JRF.
I tried repying this thread...Donno why keeps failing
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:38 pm
JRF
Just Joined

Originally posted by JRF
I tried repying this thread...Donno why keeps failing
Im Indian Citizen, worked in Saudi for about 18 Months and did not return to Saudi even after having Exit-Re-entry Visa.

So for no use of contacting the Saudi Embassy in US in getting any details about PCC.

If any body lived and left Saudi and living in other country and know how to get PCC, I would really appreciate it.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by JRF
Im Indian Citizen, worked in Saudi for about 18 Months and did not return to Saudi even after having Exit-Re-entry Visa.

So for no use of contacting the Saudi Embassy in US in getting any details about PCC.

If any body lived and left Saudi and living in other country and know how to get PCC, I would really appreciate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.