Police Certificate from Pakistan

Old Jan 4th 2015, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Mine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police Certificate from Pakistan

Does anyone know the easiest/quickest way for a UK Citizen who has been away from the motherland for the last 20+ years to get a police certificate from Islamabad, Pakistan?
Old Jan 4th 2015, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Certificate from Pakistan

If you live outside Pakistan
Generally, you may obtain a Character Clearance Certificate or Police Clearance Certificate directly from the local district office of the Senior Superintendent of Police of the Police Security Branch for the area from which the Character Clearance Certificate or Police Clearance Certificate is required.

To obtain this, non-nationals or non-residents may need to present:

Attested photocopies of their passport, including all the pages showing their legal stay in that country
Attested photocopy of their National Identity Card
Two passport-size photographs
Authority letter in the name of their blood relative to obtain this clearance certificate on their behalf
Affidavit on 20 Rs judicial stamp paper from the relative who will obtain the clearance certificate, stating that they will receive the clearance certificate on behalf of the relative overseas
If you are not physically present in Pakistan, you are advised to contact the nearest embassy or consulate (general) of Pakistan for assistance in obtaining police certificates.

Note: The Canadian High Commission in Islamabad cannot assist you in this regard.

Keep any copies of letters or other correspondence sent to apply for one as this may prove difficult to get and CIC will want to see evidence that you made efforts to get one.
If you lived in a country that has changed its name or status, the police certificate should come from the current national authorities of that country. If you are not able to get a police certificate from a country because you are a refugee from that country or for any other reason, please explain the reasons in writing.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Mine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Certificate from Pakistan

Thanks again. looks like I need to visit the Pakistan High Commission in London. Sigh....