Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Police Certificate from Kazakhstan

Police Certificate from Kazakhstan

Old Sep 4th 2004, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

CanaDen is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Police Certificate from Kazakhstan

Hello!
I am gathering all the documents that are required for Canada Immigration Application.

as it is stated in Appendix B:

Obtaining Police Certificates/Clearances
You must provide a police certificate or clearance, or record of no information for yourself, your spouse
or common-law partner (if applicable) and your dependent children, indicating any criminal record or
absence of criminal record. Everyone in your family, aged 18 or over, requires a police certificate/clearance
from each country in which they have lived for six months or longer since reaching 18 years of age.

I leaved Kazakhstan at the age of 19.5, and had not lived there since (only 1- month's long vacations as a tourist, i have no passport of this country).
According to the form i Have to have a "fresh " copy of clearance also from KZ.
It actually have the clearance from KZ, but from 1999.
Am i have to get a new one ?
If so, it will be a hell of timing procedure
Help me, please, if you know the answer
Old Sep 4th 2004, 5:48 pm
squarepants

Default Re: Police Certificate from Kazakhstan

All adult applicants for immigration to Canada must submit a police clearance, a document which certifies that you have no criminal record. A clearance must come from each country you have lived in for 6 months or more since the age of 18 years. If police in a particular country refuse to issue a clearance, it would be helpful if they provided a written statement confirming that they refused to issue the clearance.

If a police clearance is not forthcoming from a particular country, a written statement from the police officials of the country confirming their refusal to issue the clearance may be required. An immigration official may even waive this requirement altogether if a clear obstacle can be demonstrated.

Applicants should assume that clearances must be obtained. Note that 99 is a while back, and you probably need an updated one if you are applying now. I believe this certificates are only good for one year anyway, but I stand corrected on this.

oh....am not an immigration consultant, just someone that has been through the process !

Last edited by squarepants; Sep 4th 2004 at 5:50 pm.

Old Sep 4th 2004, 6:00 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Certificate from Kazakhstan

You will have to help yourself and get on with arranging for a new police certificate from your home country. It will be necessary. You could apply now with the old one and state in your covering letter that you have applied for a new one and will send it in when you get it. That should do.

Originally Posted by squarepants
All adult applicants for immigration to Canada must submit a police clearance, a document which certifies that you have no criminal record. A clearance must come from each country you have lived in for 6 months or more since the age of 18 years. If police in a particular country refuse to issue a clearance, it would be helpful if they provided a written statement confirming that they refused to issue the clearance.

If a police clearance is not forthcoming from a particular country, a written statement from the police officials of the country confirming their refusal to issue the clearance may be required. An immigration official may even waive this requirement altogether if a clear obstacle can be demonstrated.

Applicants should assume that clearances must be obtained. Note that 99 is a while back, and you probably need an updated one if you are applying now. I believe this certificates are only good for one year anyway, but I stand corrected on this.

oh....am not an immigration consultant, just someone that has been through the process !