Wikiposts

Police Certificate from Holland

Old Jun 12th 2002, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

thekingofmemphi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Certificate from Holland

Dear all,

I applied for Independent category to Buffalo on 09/04/2001.
I got AOR on 11/28/01. It said the assessment will be done in 30 weeks.

I submitted all required documents except the police certificate from Holland where i lived for two years some three years before.

I am doing PhD in Economics in a US university.

It sounds I am going to get the response of assessment soon. But will the non inclusion of the Dutch police certificate be any problem ? I am sure i have clean record there. I never had any police problem. I did not submit just because i did not know how to get it from there as I am in the US.

And does any body have idea how to get the Dutch police certificate ?

thank you

King
Old Jun 12th 2002, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

levu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Certificate from Holland

King,

since you've lived in Holland you probably know only too well the complexities and mind boggling stupidity of dutch beurocracy.

I managed to get a police certificate but only because I live here, I've no idea how you would do it if you lived abroad. The basic procedure is this:

You go to the foreign police to register the fact that you live at whatever address you're staying at. About 1 week later, you're details will appear in their computer system.

After that, you have to go the city hall of whatever region you live in. Since I lived in the Oud West of amsterdam, I had to go to the Oud West local government offices. There you fill out a form and give it them, then they stick it in an evelope and mail it to the central register (in my case, Register Amsterdam). The central register then passes it to the police, and about a month later you'll get a certificate and be charged about 15euro.

Now me being the logical type in a hurry I thought I'd go straight to the police and ask them...but despite the fact that its them who do the actual work, they refused to help me and passed me back up the chain to the central register, who were equally annoyed at my refusal to follow the normal people-chain. Eventually I gave up, and went to the evelope stuffer woman at the Oud West offices......I'm convinced 3/4 of the people who work for the dutch government do nothing but pass around bits of paper.