Police Certificate Date for IEC

Old Dec 27th 2011, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

wesbray is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Certificate Date for IEC

Hi guys, I haven't been able to find an answer for this but I remember last year the police certificate for the IEC application had to be dated within the last 3 months, but I can't find any reference to that in the instructions for this year? I ask because I have a police certificate from August, and with that i'll be good to apply!
Old Dec 27th 2011, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Certificate Date for IEC

Originally Posted by wesbray
Hi guys, I haven't been able to find an answer for this but I remember last year the police certificate for the IEC application had to be dated within the last 3 months, but I can't find any reference to that in the instructions for this year? I ask because I have a police certificate from August, and with that i'll be good to apply!
Hey, This time last year I was wondering the same and had one dated from April 2010. I wrote the IEC and they said this. (Not saying it will work but this is what they told me - reply first, my message to them after)

Mr **,

Please be advised that you will be able to apply using your previous
police certificate. Please ensure you make a note on this inside you
application when sending it in.

Sincerely,

Jay Webster
International Experience Canada, UK & Ireland
Political Affairs and Public Diplomacy
High Commission of Canada
1 Grosvenor Square
London W1K 4AB United Kingdom

Government of Canada

Fax No: 0207 258-6476
Web site: www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 19 January 2011 02:55
To: LDN (IEC / EIC)
Subject: ACRO police certificate enquiry for International Experience
Canada

To Whom it may concern,

I am applying for the International Experience Canada programme and
already have a ACRO police certificate dated April 2010. Am I able to
use the current certificate dated April 2010 in my application pack? The
reason I ask is that I am currently in Canada on the working holiday
visa, so obtaining a new certificate will not be a quick or easy process
and its possible all the experience Canada places will be taken up by
the time I receive my new certificate, and can actually send off my
application.

Hopefully I am able to use my current certificate so I can get my pack
sent off as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for your help,
Old Dec 27th 2011, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

wesbray is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one, i've since heard that you can use any certificate dated in the last 12 months aswell! Much easier process this year.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 7:02 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, I knew I should have ordered a 2nd copy of the certificate last year. I didn't think that it would be valid for that long though, I'd previously heard the validity period was only 3-6 months.