Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Police Certificate - 3 months is up soon?

Police Certificate - 3 months is up soon?

Old Feb 11th 2013, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Origin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really nice
Default Police Certificate - 3 months is up soon?

Hello Again,
Nearly ready to get all our forms sent off, but I have realised, we have spent so long faffing about doing stuff, that my Police cert is going to expire at the end of this month, should I get another one done before I send the application off? (Can't see the cert as it is at home but my request receipt is dated 23/11 so it will be within about a week of that I guess)

I rang ACPO this morning and they say if they send me another copy it will have the same date as the original , so I am happy to pay for a 2 day turnaround if needed to get this off ASAP.

Thanks
Old Feb 11th 2013, 12:40 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Certificate - 3 months is up soon?

It has to still be valid when it reaches CPC-M, so if the expiry of the certificate is 23-Feb, then make sure it's in Mississauga on or before the 22nd at the latest. If I'm not mistaken, the certificate has to be within 3 months when CPC-M receives the application; they'll ask for a new one if they need it. But if you can't get your application there before the 22nd then get a new one done.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Origin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really nice

Thank you, I will check the actual date of issue (I think it may be the 29th) and make sure I get a new one if we aren't going to make that date.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:14 am
Just Joined

Chrisg221 is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent my residency papers off on the 24th and mississauga recieved them on the 25th ( ups ) and my certificate ran out on the 26th, its stupid cic only allow it upto 3 months but ACRO valid it for 6 months
Old Feb 12th 2013, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

I checked the date of issue and it was November 28th so I will make sure I get this application off in the next week to get it there in time.
Thanks again for the replies.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 1:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chrisg221
I sent my residency papers off on the 24th and mississauga recieved them on the 25th ( ups ) and my certificate ran out on the 26th, its stupid cic only allow it upto 3 months but ACRO valid it for 6 months
Why is it stupid? What if it was 6 months validity and you had a major conviction dating back 5 months that they didn't know about? Even a 3 month validity can mean the certificate is incorrect by the time CIC receive it, but they need to give people some leeway.

Seems to make sense to me, 3 months is more than enough time for most people to submit an application, best thing to do is not order it until you're almost ready to send the application off.