Police cert query - no live trace

Old May 13th 2008, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Shazzy101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Police cert query - no live trace

Hello, we have received our police certs back (ACPO) and my OH's come back with "no live trace", how can we find out what info they are holding about him? He says it must of been something that happened when he was 16 or 17 (travelling in a stolen car at most) but cant remember ever being arrested

We are applying for Alberta PNP and need to know if it will affect his application

many thanks

Old May 13th 2008, 3:02 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police cert query - no live trace

Originally Posted by Shazzy101
Hello, we have received our police certs back (ACPO) and my OH's come back with "no live trace", how can we find out what info they are holding about him? He says it must of been something that happened when he was 16 or 17 (travelling in a stolen car at most) but cant remember ever being arrested
The old Subject Access requests came back as "blank" if there is nothing to declare. Are you sure the ACPO certificate is not saying the same thing?

If your husband has not been convicted or cautioned then he has done nothing wrong (officially anyway) and shouldn't worry about it.
Old May 13th 2008, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Hello JAJ

Thanks for your reply, on the ACPO cert it just says "no live trace", there is nothing listed underneath this, only a blank space, where I would assume convictions etc would be listed. I understand that offences from past years that have been cleared off, as it were, are "stepped down" as they are years ago and the person hasnt been convicted etc. again after that

Very confusing and worrying for my hubby and we just wanted to call/fax/email somebody to see exactly what they say about him

Thanks for your help
Old May 13th 2008, 4:05 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shazzy101
Very confusing and worrying for my hubby and we just wanted to call/fax/email somebody to see exactly what they say about him
Was he convicted of a crime or not?
(going to court and getting convicted is not the kind of thing most people would forget easily).
Old May 14th 2008, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Was he convicted of a crime or not?
(going to court and getting convicted is not the kind of thing most people would forget easily).
Hi JAJ

No he was not

We have got hold of a contact number for them so will call to ascertain exactly whats going on