Police cert address

Old May 26th 2011, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

mariar will become famous soon enoughmariar will become famous soon enough
Default Police cert address

I am sorry if this is a silly question but I dont want to make mistakes and have delays further down the line so I'm hoping for some guidence

I am filling in my ACRO form and it asks for my address stating that this will be the address on my certificate. Do I put my address in Scotland as its a UK check or do I put my canadian address where I have been for the last year?

My only worry is if I put my UK address and it appears on my cert it wont match the address i say I am living at in my main outland spousal application. Do they cross check? Will it matter?

Sorry for such a long post for a simple question I just dont want to do it wrong, thanks for any help.
Maria
Old May 26th 2011, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

richard37 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Police cert address

Originally Posted by mariar
I am sorry if this is a silly question but I dont want to make mistakes and have delays further down the line so I'm hoping for some guidence

I am filling in my ACRO form and it asks for my address stating that this will be the address on my certificate. Do I put my address in Scotland as its a UK check or do I put my canadian address where I have been for the last year?

My only worry is if I put my UK address and it appears on my cert it wont match the address i say I am living at in my main outland spousal application. Do they cross check? Will it matter?

Sorry for such a long post for a simple question I just dont want to do it wrong, thanks for any help.
Maria
The form asks for 5 years of addresses if I remember correctly. I put my Canadian address down as my address now and my UK addresses with the dates I lived in each.

I was worried that the Canadian address would confuse them and slow down the application but everything went fine and I got the form back in around 3 weeks.
Old May 26th 2011, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply it has put my mind at ease. Did you just pay the 7 pounds extra to have it posted back to you in Canada?
Old May 26th 2011, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

richard37 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mariar
Thanks for your reply it has put my mind at ease. Did you just pay the 7 pounds extra to have it posted back to you in Canada?
Glad I could help. I'm trying to remember. I guess I must have paid as it came straight to my letter box.
Old May 26th 2011, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Great, mine will be all ready to send in the morning
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Tungle is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a similar problem

My ACRO form has been sent off using my current rental address in the UK. Does the police cert show this address when it comes back?

If so should I use the same address as my residential address on my IEC form.

I will be leaving my rental address after I send my IEC form but before the IEC form comes back and living with parents temporarily.

I'm not sure whether to just use my parents place as the residential address?
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Your police cert will be mailed back to you at the 'current address' you listed on the application and that address does appear on the front of the cert itself.

Maybe you could list the same address on the IEC form as your residential address and attach a note to say you have a different mailing address ie your parents? This way it would be mailed to your parents. Im not sure if they would accept that though, Im not familliar with the IEC process. Is there a number you could call? When I first applied with Bunac thery gave me a direct line to custmer services in London and I know I called them once or twice and got the answers I needed.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Tungle is an unknown quantity at this point

On the IEC application they do ask for a residential and a mailing address and they state that they will send all correspondence to the latter but I worry that they will mess it up! I was hoping to keep it simple and list a permanent address for everything but if the police cert shows an address I guess I will have to use the same. I can always give my landlord a forwarding address and hope the IEC admins use the mailing address as they say they will

BTW you can't call or visit anyone regarding IEC applications, nonsense I know

Spoke to ACRO yesterday, they haven't even started processing my cert yet, sent it on 24th May and they are only processing stuff received before the 23rd May at the moment 10 days seems like an eternity