Wikiposts

Points Skilled Worker

Old Mar 11th 2005, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

red rabbit is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Points Skilled Worker

Just thought I would ask, do the points you qualify for at application stay the same? As I'm sure I've aged ten years since I applied! How many points is that?
Red Rabbit
Old Mar 11th 2005, 7:03 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Points Skilled Worker

It is not really important what pass mark is at present in your case as you will be assessed against the pass mark that will be in force at the time of assessment. BTW, current pass mark is 67 points.

Originally Posted by red rabbit
Just thought I would ask, do the points you qualify for at application stay the same? As I'm sure I've aged ten years since I applied! How many points is that?
Red Rabbit
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Xyzzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a list of the history of the passmark anywhere? I know it was at 75 a couple of years ago and is at 67 now. Has it ever been higher than 75?
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:31 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Is there a list of the history of the passmark anywhere? I know it was at 75 a couple of years ago and is at 67 now. Has it ever been higher than 75?
Points system is a relatively new thing, and started at 75, then went to 67. So what you have is the total points history See, you know more than you think!
Old Mar 11th 2005, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

red rabbit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It is not really important what pass mark is at present in your case as you will be assessed against the pass mark that will be in force at the time of assessment. BTW, current pass mark is 67 points.
Thank you Andrew, is the passmark expected to change in the near future?
Old Mar 11th 2005, 9:27 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Andrew, is the passmark expected to change in the near future?
According to some its been expected to change "in the near future" since I started to visit this forum. Make of that what you will. I dont think anyone will know for sure until when and if its announced.

There are bound to be legal battles fought over it though if they try to make a new (presumably higher) limit apply to application in process (which is how the law was applied when the points dropped...the new (lower) limit was the limit for all)

I dont know whether that legally means that the precedent demonstrates that the new limit or the lower limit would apply though...one for the lawyers to argue over, not for the first time here. IIRC the majority of opinion was that the law said that the new limit applies to all, but there was some hope that it might not be applied in that way because of the obvious bad PR it would generate from outraged candidates protesting that they applied in good faith at one points limit, paid fees etc, and were then excluded in the middle or near the end of the process because the points went up.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

Believe me you don't want to start the *same* discussion again. The result of the discussion will be the same because things/policies have not been changed. Better to find a quiet time for you to search the threads pertaining the same issues. All experts opinions are there, please do the search.

Have a good day!

Red Rabbit