Wikiposts

Points Pointers Needed

Old Sep 1st 2002, 6:51 am
Lenny

Default Points Pointers Needed

Is there yet any plain English rendition of "Immigration and Refugee Protection
Regulations".

Shortly after its passage, the only version I could find was that published in the
"Canada Gazette", a verbatum transcript in English & French_ 450 pages of legalese!

Looks to be more an Immigration and Refugee Prevention Act from here.

I've been self-employed at work for which any further college study would be
professionally futile, or outright impertinent -- figurative sculpture, mortise &
tennon building (mostly Japanese style), Louis XV antique restoration, editorial
cartooning -- none of which have certified apprenticeship programs.

Is there any official Board which might certify my work and myself as professioinal?

As well, I have extensive experience in advertising -- for multi-nationals, probably
my only professionally viable means of gaining employment. For good reason, which I'd
rather not get into here, I'd rather not re-enter that business.

Would the fact that I've taught at a couple colleges down here in the States, though
I haven't a degree, help toward college degree credits?

Lenny

Still unable to discuss my situation with anybody at any Canadian Embassy.

Old Sep 1st 2002, 7:47 am
Andrew Miller

Default Re: Points Pointers Needed

Looks like you are in serious need of professional assistance - at least to get a
real assessment of your chances and available options, if there are any.

You may contact me directly for free evaluation.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address before
sending email)

"Lenny" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:010920021152215715%[email protected]...
    > Is there yet any plain English rendition of "Immigration and Refugee Protection
    > Regulations".
    > Shortly after its passage, the only version I could find was that published in the
    > "Canada Gazette", a verbatum transcript in English & French_ 450 pages of
    > legalese!
    > Looks to be more an Immigration and Refugee Prevention Act from here.
    > I've been self-employed at work for which any further college study would be
    > professionally futile, or outright impertinent -- figurative sculpture, mortise &
    > tennon building (mostly Japanese style), Louis XV antique restoration, editorial
    > cartooning -- none of which have certified apprenticeship programs.
    > Is there any official Board which might certify my work and myself as
    > professioinal?
    > As well, I have extensive experience in advertising -- for multi-nationals,
    > probably my only professionally viable means of gaining employment. For good
    > reason, which I'd rather not get into here, I'd rather not re-enter that business.
    > Would the fact that I've taught at a couple colleges down here in the States,
    > though I haven't a degree, help toward college degree credits?
    > Lenny
    > Still unable to discuss my situation with anybody at any Canadian Embassy.