Points for Masters degree..

Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:13 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Points for Masters degree..

I did a Masters degree from UK which is officially classed as a one year course (Oct 05 - Sep 06) where graduation was due in Dec 06. But due to having issues with my dissertation it wasnt accepted and I was asked to rewrite some bits of it which delayed my graduation until Jul 07, hence took me longer to come out of uni.

My question is that does that extra duration make my course a one and a half year or will it still be considered as a one year programme and CIC will think that it was just me who took longer to complete the course. (P.S. I didnt have to attend any classes/lectures after Sep 06)
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Points for Masters degree..

Originally Posted by Edo
I did a Masters degree from UK which is officially classed as a one year course (Oct 05 - Sep 06) where graduation was due in Dec 06. But due to having issues with my dissertation it wasnt accepted and I was asked to rewrite some bits of it which delayed my graduation until Jul 07, hence took me longer to come out of uni.

My question is that does that extra duration make my course a one and a half year or will it still be considered as a one year programme and CIC will think that it was just me who took longer to complete the course. (P.S. I didnt have to attend any classes/lectures after Sep 06)
One year
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:23 am
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future

One year mate.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:06 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies both of you. I suppose they only take into account the official length of the course.