Points?

Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

megasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nice
Default Points?

I know this must sound really dumb to those in the know, but, I have taken the 'points' test on the canadian website and am well over without having any points in the 'job offered' section, which I haven't got.

Is there any way at all that I could enter to look for jobs?
If not, What use is the point system?

Sue
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:10 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Points?

Originally Posted by megasue
I know this must sound really dumb to those in the know, but, I have taken the 'points' test on the canadian website and am well over without having any points in the 'job offered' section, which I haven't got.

Is there any way at all that I could enter to look for jobs?
If not, What use is the point system?

Sue
I take it you mean enter Canada to look for work? Yes you can come over on a reccie trip and meet up with potential employers no problemo.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:11 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Sue, I think you'll understand the situation better if you read the article called Quick Guide to Canadian Immigration.

You can enter Canada to look for jobs. When you enter the country as a visitor, you are supposed to be a tourist. You're not supposed to do job hunting activities. So, if the Immigration Officer at your port of entry asks you what the purpose of your visit is, don't say, "I'm coming to Canada to look for a job." Just say, "I'm coming to sight see." (I dare say you will do some sight seeing, even if the primary purpose of your trip is to attend interviews, so I consider it to be only a partial lie and a harmless one at that.)

But, long before you visit Canada to look for jobs or to attend job interviews, you should start identifying potential employers in Canada and phoning them. This is explained in the Wiki article called Quick Job Hunting Instructions-Canada.

As I mentioned in another thread, early childhood educators are listed as an Occupation under Pressure in Alberta.

Hope that helps.
x
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

megasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nicemegasue is just really nice

Thanks for your replies.

Have been looking at the 'quick guide' and have seen that the early educators are mentioned in a few areas as a shortage.

Will find the Job hunting section now. Will need glasses in a while!! or a new brain
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Enzyme is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by megasue
Thanks for your replies.

Have been looking at the 'quick guide' and have seen that the early educators are mentioned in a few areas as a shortage.

Will find the Job hunting section now. Will need glasses in a while!! or a new brain
I thought teachers when not in demand?

Or are you saying only 4214 Early Childhood Educators, are?

My partner is a primary school teacher, years 3 to 11, dose this count as early educators?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Enzyme
I thought teachers when not in demand?

Or are you saying only 4214 Early Childhood Educators, are?

My partner is a primary school teacher, years 3 to 11, dose this count as early educators?
Hi,
according to the papers over here, UK, teachers are a shortage occupation in Canada.
However looking at the 'occupations under pressure', Elementary teachers are only listed in New Brunswick, in Alberta it is Early Childhood Educators that are listed.
Looking at the jobs advertised, Early ch ed job spec involves bathing, changing nappies etc. NOT what I think of teaching!!

The Early Educators look to be more like nurseries with children up to 5 years.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Enzyme is on a distinguished road

Yes not realy "Teaching", but like I said she has and does cover the range starting at 3.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Enzyme
Yes not realy "Teaching", but like I said she has and does cover the range starting at 3.
I do too. Our nurseries start at 3, but in Canada these start from 0 - 5 years. Which with just a teaching cert would not cover 0 - 3. There is a separate cert for this. Although, I would think that would be overlooked if qualifications and experience with 3 - 5s was good.
Just my opinion
Sue